Chapter Fourteen: Reunion Gift

Akutagawa POV

I saw her with Dazai. She seemed so happy, and it hurt me.

This stupid girl, what did she do to me!?

She stopped laughing and looked at my direction as I stepped back, hoping she didn't see me.

I could tell that she was going to walk over but Dazai put his arm around her.

It was as if he knew I was here and he was mocking me.

I wish I was there to help you. You were always there for me.

I wish I had you in my arms.

Please help me. Get rid of the aching pain in my heart...

Come back. I need you. More than he wants you.

I refuse to show anyone this side of me, but I'll show you all of me.

I hate myself for letting you go.

——————

(Y/N) POV

——————

I woke up in my room, my whole body sore. I stretched as I went to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.

What to do today...

After showering I had decided to go shopping for some snacks with Dazai.

Why with Dazai?

He said he wanted me to fall in love for him. Again.

I don't understand how he could just say stuff like that without getting embarrassed.

We were currently walking to a convenient store side to side as I looked at the stores we walked past.

Woah!

A store caught my attention as the front had displayed yukatas. They looked so pretty but... I don't think they'd suit me.

"(Y/N)?" Dazai called, in front of me.

"Sorry!" I ran towards him.

"Did you see something you like?"

"No, it's okay!"

He started walking towards the shop.

"Dazai, it's okay."

"(Y/N)!! You should wear one! I bet you'd look so pretty!!" ♥‿♥

"Really?..." I blushed and looked to the side.

Wait.

"No!! If you wanna win my heart you're going to have to be honest you know!" \(`0')/

"I'm not lying!! Come on let's go!" Before I could protest, he took my hand and dragged me inside.

"Hello!" A lady greeted us inside.

"Hello, do you have anything that would suit a beautiful lady like her?" Dazai pointed towards me.

I swear...

The lady giggled. "Yes of course! Miss, please follow me."

I hesitantly followed her. Once we entered the fitting room, there were other women trying out yukatas.
(yes this is how japan has them, i rented a kimono and we had to change in the same room lol)

They're so pretty...

Lost in my thoughts, the lady came back with a yukata that was black and had red flowers on it.

It was gorgeous.

There was no way I could try this on.

"Here you go!" The lady shoved the yukata in my hands as she went somewhere else. (ok this is not how they do it there KDBDB)

Uh...

I started stripping my clothes off and quickly put the yukata on, trying not to draw any attention.

The lady came back with a transparent black ribbon and started tying it around my waist.

"Was that guy your boyfriend?"

"Huh? No..."

"Oh really? He seems like a catch. Better take him before anyone else does."

Ha.

She started fixing my hair.

Wait, why? I'm not going anywhere?

"Done!"

I looked at myself in the mirror, shocked as I couldn't recognize myself.

"Wow..."

"I'm glad you like it! I just did your hair because I thought it would go nicely with the yukata and I am definitely correct!"

I was honestly left speechless.

But I knew I couldn't afford this.

"Let's go show your boyfriend!"

Forgetting that I said Dazai WASN'T my boyfriend, she grabbed my clothes and handed them to me as she pulled me out to the waiting room.

Dazai seemed to be reading a book as he looked up and saw me.

"Wow..."

"Thank you very much!" The lady walked away.

"Huh? Aren't you going to-"

"It's okay, I paid for it."

"What!? Why? How much was it!?"

"Because I knew you would look gorgeous. And the price is nothing you need to worry about."

"Dazai... I..." I looked at him.

"Even if you don't return my feelings, consider it a gift okay? A reunion gift." He smiled with his eyes closed.

"Thank you." I hugged him.

After I let him go, I then realized something.

"That means I have to get you something too!!"

"Ah, no that's okay..." He sweat dropped.

"Let's go!"

I took his hand and dragged him outside, looking for a store to get him something, forgetting I forgot to change my clothes.

Suddenly, out of no where, a girl wearing a kimono with low pigtails grabbed one of my sleeves with Dazai's.

"Found you."

A light started to form behind her.

"Well shit."