Chapter Three: Come With Me

Dazai POV

The moment I saw this woman, I knew she was meant to die with me! She's beautiful (even though I can't see her face clearly) and um...

Hm?

Is she holding a knife?

It took me a while to realize what she's doing.

"A-Are you committing suicide!?" I asked with a grin growing on my face. "Ah! You are!! Why do it this way though!? Come with me! Together we can commit a double suicide with no pain!"

I exclaimed but she still didn't reply. She suddenly ran into me so I decided to ask again.

But before I could, she said my name.

"Huh? How do you know my na-"

"Y-you look familiar..." I mumbled as I tried to get a closer look at her face. It was hard since it was dark and she had a hood on.

She still didn't say anything.

After a couple of seconds, she started crying again out of nowhere. "W-WaIT WHA- UM I'M SORRY I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID UM- PLEASE DON'T CRY IT'S OK-"

As I was screaming, I got cut off by her hugging me. Now I'm in more shock oh god what do I do...

"D-Dazai!! I missed you so much! H-How is everything!? Why did you leave that day!? Please don't leave me again!!" She yelled and held onto my shirt as if her life depended on it.

Leave where? She possibly couldn't be talking about...

I didn't know who this person was but it was clear that they were in a lot of pain. I raised my hand and pet her head. "There, there... It's okay..." I said calmly trying to soothe her.

After a couple of minutes, her crying had eased but the rain did the opposite. "Hey, why don't I take you home so you can get cleaned up from this rain?"

She started crying again.

"oH FUCK SORRY UM I DIDN'T MEAN TO-" I suddenly got cut off by her laughing weakly.

"Heh, you're still the same Dazai." She smiled at me and her hood fell back.

My eyes widened in shock.

"(Y/N)!?" Is it really her!? It can't be! What is she doing here? Akutagawa should be with her! He's always with her!

"You just realized it's me now?"

"(Y/N)!!!!" I held her waist and lifted her up as if I found money on the ground. "It really is you!!"

"Yeah..." She smiled softly but it was then replaced by a sad look.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I-I don't know what to do." I put her down.

"Why? Are you lost? They probably don't want to see me but I can lead you back t-"

"No! No! Please, no..." She shut her eyes and covered her ears.

"Why not?"

"You didn't hear? I got kicked out... by Akutagawa..." She mumbled the last part but I heard it. "But I guess no one would really care enough to talk about it. After all, I was pretty useless..."

I was surprised and angry, mostly surprised.

"WHAT!? AKUTAGAWA WOULD NEVER DO THAT YOU GUYS ARE LIKE SIBLINGS!?"

"Were."

I didn't know what to say. I hugged her and kissed her forehead, trying to make her feel better. Oh crap! I forgot it was still raining!

"Why don't you come with me?" I smiled at her.

"Huh?"

I grinned and wink. "Join the detective agency with me!"