Chapter Four: The Armed Detective Agency

(Y/N) POV

I felt happy for a second, a feeling I thought I've lost forever, but reality kicked in.

"I can't. I don't even have an ability and I can't fight. I'll just be another nuisance." I frowned and hung my head. I really wanted to be with Dazai but I'm afraid I would be treated just like another burden.

"That's fine! As long as you can help us in any way you can!" He grinned.

I then realized something.

"Wait. You're with the Armed Detective Agency now!? Is that where you've been since you left?"

"C'mon! Don't wanna get you sick from the rain!" He took my hand and dragged me to a car and started driving.

He obviously doesn't want to talk about it... I'll ask him another day. What matters now is that, I may have a new home. Maybe even... a new family.

I smiled geniunely at the thought.

I sat silently next to Dazai in the passenger seat. I had so many questions going through my head.

I wonder if they'll like me?
Am I the only one without an ability?
How did Dazai find me?
Was it fate!?

I blushed. I have too many questions running through my head. I look at my worn out shoes, more questions going through my head...

What if I get in the way of someone and lead them to their death?
What if they don't like me?
What if-

"Oi." I flinched as my thoughts were interrupted by Dazai. I looked at him as he kept his eyes on the road. "Stop overthinking. Everything will be okay." He gave a soft smile and I tried to return it.

I'm that easy to read, huh?

I relaxed myself on the car seat and slowly fell asleep.

How long has it been since I slept somewhere comfortable?

-----------

Dazai POV

We finally arrived at the agency. I got out of the car and stretched, "Ah! That was a long ride! Actually longer than expected!~ Where did I even go? Hey (Y/N) ho-" I saw her sleeping in the backseat and giggled quietly. "Adorable!"

I opened the car door and carefully carried her inside the agency, only to be greeted by surprised faces. There was an awkward silence until I felt someone smack the back of my head.

"YOU IDIOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT GIRL!? DID YOU MAKE HER UNCONSCIOUS? DON'T EVEN THINKING ABOUT TAKING HER VIR-"

"Eh!? Kunikida-san, I would never do that!! This is just a friend of mine!" I'm pretty sure he didn't believe me because he just raised a brow.

Suddenly, I feel (Y/N) move in my arms. She slowly opens her eyes and looks at me. "Hey, sleeping beauty."

I see her cheeks turn pink and I laugh a bit at that. "W-what's so funny?" She asked her blush getting deeper. "Oh, nothing.~" I sang as I put her down.

"Guys this is my friend (Y/N), (Y/N) the guy with the glasses is Kunikida-san." I continued introducing the other members to (Y/N).

"Although you still need to meet the chief; he'll make the final decision if you can join or not. But I'm sure you'll get in!"

"N-nice to meet you everyone!" She said shyly, bowing.

I swear she's so adorable.

Kunikida was the first to speak up. "Nice to meet you too. So... What's your ability?"

She paused for a bit. "I don't have one." She said looking to the side with a sad smile. In the corner of my eye, I saw Ranpo suddenly take an interest in the conversation.

"What?" Half of the people in the room said and looked at me, but I knew everyone was shocked. She sighed. All I could do was look at her. I didn't know how I could help her...

"Dazai, why did you bring her here?" I was about to explain about how she had a possibility of having an ability and how she used to be in the Port Mafia but I saw her shaking her head saying not to.

"She, um-"

"I saw her shake her head. Tell the truth." Kunikida spat.

This man, I swear...

I took a deep breath but before I could speak, (Y/N) cut me off. "I'll tell them." I looked at her as she stared with a confident look.

"I'm an ex-member of the Port Mafia." Everyone gasped, widened their eyes or did both except for me.

"How!? No offense but, you, uh..."

"I know, I look like useless shit and don't have an ability so how could I have possibly gotten in?" She paused for a couple seconds. "People said that I would get one at a later age. I got kicked out because Ak- they just gave up on me. And I don't blame them, I caused nothing but trouble." She let out a painful laugh as I saw tears threatening to spill in her eyes that she tried to hold back.

Everyone was silent until Ranpo went up to (Y/N) and put his hand on her shoulder with a smile. Anyone could tell that they were gonna get along as they're the same position.

And I didn't like it.

----------

A/N

omg 200 reads already wowie thanks :')