Chapter Nine: Love

(Y/N) POV

Dazai and I walked back to the agency with our hands together. I wasn't sure what to say so I just stayed quiet the until he spoke up.

"So (Y/N)..."

"Hm?"

"Um..." I looked at him. His eyes seemed to be moving from place to place with a tint of pink on his cheeks.

"Don't be shy Dazai! You can tell me anything!" I said cheerfully looking back at the street.

"Well... I was wondering if you... wanted to be... my girlfriend?.." He mumbled the last part but I heard it enough to widen my eyes a bit.

I was stunned, just like when he kissed me l, but I kept walking with my thoughts.

Dazai has always been there for me.

Even more than Akutagawa.

He's helped me through so much.

He understands me.

But do I love him back?

Am I ready for this?

I was about to tell him that I needed time, but when I looked to my side, he wasn't there.

"I understand." I turned my head and saw him standing still on where he asked the question carrying a depressed face.

"Wait." I started walking back to him but he started running the other way. "Wait!" I chased after him.

I wasn't sure where he was going. Heck, I don't even know if he knew where he was going. He sped up and took more turns until I lost him. "Dazai..." I sighed and closed my eyes, a tear falling. "I'm sorry..."

I hadn't even known that it was a new day because I stayed laying down on the couch since I lost Dazai after he asked me to be his girlfriend.

The chief had allowed me to stay at the Agency overnight after I explained half of the situation. I told him that I accidentally did something to upset Dazai and how he ran off.

I sat up lazily, aware that my face looked horrifying because I endlessly cried ever since he confessed. I changed my clothes and went to the bathroom.

How would he take it if I were to say no?

My eyes were red and had bags underneath from getting no sleep. I sighed and washed my face in the bathroom downstairs.

I looked at my reflection and noticed that I still had the same clothes on. I sighed remembering Dazai telling me that we were gonna go shopping.

I heard some yelling from upstairs so I went back up see what was going on.

"What th-" I saw bullet holes everywhere on the wall and everyone cleaning calmly while I caught Kunikida and Atsushi were talking to Ranpo.

How long was I gone??

"Oh, hey (Y/N)!" Atsushi greeted.

"Hey." I replied dully.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I forced a smile.

"(Y/N), why don't you go with Ranpo and Atsushi?" Kunikida spoke up.

"Where to?" I asked.

"They're going to go investigate a case." Before I could reply, "I don't need assistants!" Ranpo replied.

"Huh? Then why do we need to go?" Atsushi asked.