Almost~Ministar Poem

We spoke in little messages only we could understand. Words were so beautiful as they exited your mouth and held me like your arms. We spent the summer neck deep in the English language fumbling over crazy words like autolatry and wanweird. Each time the crinkle of your nose hitches as the subliminal dictionary of your mind collected and kept track.
You could ramble for days about your favorite words like wonderwall and luminescence. Eyes like stars as the tip of your tongue clicked. My favorite word didn't matter but the way you said my name echos now, five years later. It wasn't so much the word but the sound in combination with it.
There was a day where you inquired something. I remember it like it was time stamped into me. What's you least favorite word. Me, being the lover of this language took a moment to think. My eyes wondered to you as I thought. You're smile was brighter than ever, you were so confident in your answer. We exchanged words, mine being moist. Your chuckle faded as you said yours. The corner of you mouth twitched as the letters left. 'Almost' was your answer. You told me it held so much left to be desired. Like you were just there, just at the brink of success, but feel short. The human species was so used to the failure of life that they created a word for it, almost.
Even if we were masters of the language we couldn't surpass the short comings of our shared vocabulary. We both failed to realize that words can not help you unless they are spoken. I never told you that I loved you, you never told me you were dying. Eight words between the two of us that would've shattered everything.
"I love you Simon."
"I have cancer Vikk."
I searched and searched our transcripts of text. Looking for hours for something, anything to tell me where you'd previously hidden your message. You must of placed this bit of information somewhere, I'm sorry but I only almost found it.
To this day I don't understand all the details. Medical terminology has never fit well in the spaces of my mouth. I've decided to change my least favorite word, because while moist is gross insensible is malicious. Insensible in the way a phone call says he didn't wake up. Insensible is gross and a thief and messy. Insensible is the soul cause of almost, it means I didn't get to say goodbye.
You were on the edge of something purely magical my dear. You were just barely off and you fell, and I couldn't catch you. I'm sorry
I hope Heaven is a library vacant of any almost, I love you Simon.
-v
Word Count 462
I really like this.. It's kinda slam poetry in a way. As always feel free to comment requests :)) thank you guys for all the support! ilygsm <3
*ee