4th of July~ Ship Moments

[Wroetostar]
The California air was deep in my lungs, a mix of smog and nature. Vikk's legs dangled from the hotel roof, he wasn't thinking about the fall of 18 floors below. I rested next to him.
"I've never been to America during this time," his eyes were bright, as the sky continued to darken. A beautiful contrast in my opinion.
"I know they light off crazy fireworks, have barbecues, and get drunk," I said displaying the only knowledge I had of the foreign holiday. Unintentionally Vikk and I were in the states for some network meetings during this time. Might as well make the most of it.
A loud boom could be heard in the distance.
"Oh Harry. You missed the first one!" Vikk said whining. Another boom, this time my eyes saw the patches of reds and blues.
"It's so pretty. You have the backdrop of the night sky and the stars, then the overlay of the fireworks," Vikk starred on at the fireworks, enticed by the sounds and sights.
As he stared at the fireworks, I stared at him with the same fascination.

[Merome]
We were supposed to be in Miami right now. We were supposed to be getting fucked up on pineapple Ciroc.
We weren't supposed to be in Fort Lauderdale.  Our Fourth of July weekend was supposed to be filled with friends, alcohol, and not thinking about the fact that I was Canadian and this holiday was just another excuse to get shitfaced. Jerome had mistakenly booked tickets for 9 days later. Don't ask me how he fucking did it but that's why we're are sitting in front of the street popping illegal fireworks with Ryan. I just sat in a pull out chair with a mad expression, I could literally feel the creases in my face forming.
"Oh baby, how many times do I have to apologize?" He kissed my neck softly. I tried scrunching my neck, limiting his access.
"You know how much I love Miami.." His arms wrapped around me. Ryan was going a little overboard with the firecrackers, his drunken-self laughing loudly. Jerome and I laughed. I kissed his cheek.
"It's okay.."
"Light this one for me.." He handed me a huge firework. I took it silently, walking over to the lighter.  I lit it quickly and stepped back. I yelled as the bright colors exploded from the container. Smoke filled the area but I loved it. I could see the nostalgia in Jeromes face. He knew the feeling of cheap fireworks on Fourth of July, I couldn't take this away from him.
"That was fun," I said walking back to him.
"See it's not so bad, I'll make it up to you I promise," I hugged onto his waist and smiled.
"No Jerome, it's okay.. I wouldn't trade this for anything."
Maybe we weren't in Miami, maybe I wasn't drunk, but maybe that was okay.

[Minizerk]
"I know we aren't American but-"
"We aren't getting fireworks Simon."
"But.. But I," my arms wrapped around the boy I called my lover.
"No buts, plus you're scared of fireworks. Why would I pay money for something you're just going to run away from?" I thought for a moment, I needed to have a little fun.
"What if we just get sparklers?"
"Hmm.." Josh pondered the idea a bit. My smile was beaming at this point, the extra little incentive. "Fine but you're only getting one box and that's it."
"Thank you thank you thank you."

I fiddled lightly with the box on my lap. You wouldn't believe what a hassle it was to get a little box of sparklers. Josh wanted to give up many times but I pleaded for this.
The car pulled into the driveway. I ran out of and into the house, in search of a lighter. The kitchen cabinets had almost all been thrown out until I found it. Once again I ran outside. I ripped the box open and pulled one of the sticks out. The flame came in contact with the sparkler. The lights flared out and about like the quick snapping of nimble fingers. The white of it being the only real color displayed.
"Josh look, look at me," I danced about with the sparkler between my fingers. "Grab one it's fun."
Josh lit his sparkler and twirled it around slowly.
"You're making sparklers look boring," I laughed lighting another. "Double fisting!" I yelled dancing with the two sparklers in hand.
"You're such a child Simon."
"But you love me."
It took only about 25 minutes for me to burn through all 12 sparklers. Josh and I sat back on the hood of his car.
"Thanks for making this Fourth of July mean something, I love you."
"I love you too my little sparkler."
Word Count 800
WTF MEROME! OMG!1!1! It's a miracle. I don't write Merome a lot considering I don't like or watch Mitch or Jerome anymore but something told me to make one of the moments Merome.. Idk. Anyway hope you guys enjoyed this little "moments" thing, I'm trying to do new things with my Oneshots so yea. I got the idea of this from  @wi-fiteme
Leave yo opinion. Also, happy Fourth of July if you celebrate it. ilygsm
*EE