Chapter Nine-Coronation

Minerva's POV

We were still a couple of days away from Magnolia, where Mard Geer would get his war. After Magnolia, we were to continue attacking all the towns with Major Guilds before going to Crocus. I was in my room, meditating as the wind blew through my window. I had found that long periods of meditation helped me focus my Energy on the battlefield. Someone abruptly began to knock on my door excessively, I pulled it open with my magic. The Thing in a Lab coat stood there with a malicious grin, before she stepped into my room.

"Your presence is requested in the Training room." She informed me as her dark smirk widened. I smiled at her before setting her hair on fire, and vanishing to the training Room. Mard Geer stood in the center, everything had been removed, and I could feel it as the runes sealed me in.

You could have heard a pin drop as I stared at Mard Geer's satisfied grin. He then transformed in an ugly looking creature, that looked like an Evil knight with the claws of a Demon, and arms changing to tentacles. Wicked spines sprouted from his back as they began to ooze poison. His form pulled and melded into a monstrous Humanoid shape. Then the droplets from the spines began to grow into multiples of him.

He opened his mouth, exposing carnivorous teeth, slick with hunger. "You are ready to face Death itself. Though the question is, will you be able to survive?"

With that he attacked me from all sides, but I had used my time wisely. I had already casted many curses that were intended to destroy things that claimed immortality. I was doing what my father always wanted me to do. Kill.

"Incantation: Death to all Immortal!" I shouted, then breathed out destruction as I danced in a circle. Blood like darkness and red wine splattered the room, as well as my skin. Pain exploded through me, but I didn't care. I then felt my lips curl into a demonic smile. I swiped my tongue across my bottom lip, and laughed at the sweet taste. "I love playing this game."

I saw Mard Geer's eyes widen beneath the mask, as more of the creatures came to replace the last. I was excited, rarely did I get to kill as much as I wanted. I would flood the room with his blood.

I ran directly to a Creature to my right, my claws already tearing through flesh as I crawled around the body of the thing. I bit through flesh. I ripped tentacles from bodies. I sliced through the spines. I had obtained many injuries, but by the time I had reached the original Mard. My body was brimming with adrenaline and blood lust. Right as I was about to cast the death Incantation, and rip him to shreds, he clapped and I was frozen. He returned to his previous form, and snapped away all the blood except for that which was on me.

I could sense his slight nervousness as he clapped again to unfreeze. I growled in rage at being stopped from my last kill. Then I shook away the haziness of killing, and returned to my calm facade.

Though on the inside, regret and hatred blossomed. I had killed, and I did so with a smile on my face.

"That was quite a show Minerva, I have to say that new magic will be very helpful in the future." He muttered, though I stopped him before he could continue.

"It is not a magic I wish to unleash in Fiore. It is only for within the Cube, as I have designed it to be." I told him, and I smirked as his glare. He cleared his throat before continuing.

"Though that is not the reason for this surprise test. I have been considering a companion to which will someday carry my offspring. I have been needing a very powerful host." He then kneeled before me, his face slightly twitching. "Please become my Queen in this new world we are about to create. Today was your coronation by Blood, and you have exceeded far past my expectations."