Chapter Seven- Tigers

Minerva's POV

I breathed in deeply, before looking out at the sunrise. The warmth of a new day felt comfortable, till I felt the the punch in my stomach. I growled before swinging at Jackal, he has progressed a lot since a month ago. And we were nearing Magnolia. They had a plan for war, and I wanted no part of it.

We were fighting on one side of the Cube, the barren terrain was perfect for us to let our full powers loose.

"Come on! I was distracted and you didn't even go for a knockout?! When opportunity arises, you must strike!" I shouted over the cold wind that was blowing around us, as we fast approached Magnolia.

"I tried to, but you pulled yourself back!" He replied, casting explosion after explosion my way. I smirked as I grabbed them and threw them back. Our curses and magic were similar, evening out the playing field a bit.

"Trying does not exist on the battlefield!" I warned him, as he dodged the attack. Flipping back twenty feet. I've noticed his flexibility has increased as well.

I ran towards him, pulling as much magic and curse as I could grasp. He followed my lead, but right as we were about to release the energy. Mard Geer appeared.

I immediately dispersed the spell, and stood before Mard, and Jackal mirrored the action. I stared into Mard's eyes, a sign of disrespect but he just glared at me.

"You're being assigned a mission. Jackal will be your assistant since you work so well together." He stated as he continued to glare at me.

"What is my Mission, Sir?" I refused to call him Master. I heard a slight growl emit from him. Though I believed he didn't want to kill me just yet. I had been training this body for too long.

"You are to kidnap Lucy Heartfilia, from the guild Fairy Tail. I want this done by tonight." I nearly released a gasp, but I kept my composure.

"It will be done by tonight, Sir. Let's go, Jackal." I said but before I could leave to my quarters, Mard stopped me.

"You will also make sure that Fairy Tail knows that this is a Kidnapping. Leave something behind to make it obvious who did it as well." He clarified, and I nodded, before pulling Jackal with me to my quarters through a portal.

"I will finally be able to get my revenge on that pink haired bastard." Jackal cackled before I knocked him the head.

"We will do our requested mission, nothing more or less." I growled at him before I began to explain. "We're headed towards a war that will not be easily won. We will do as requested, but I will be giving something to the guilds to help them--"

"That's treason!" Jackal whisper shouted before grasping my shoulders. "You have helped me, and I will do the same. Mard Geer is not someone to be trifled with. We can't--"

"Fairy Tail and Sabertooth are not guilds to be taken lightly, neither are the other guilds that call Fiore, home." I said slowly, putting emphasis on Fairy Tail and Sabertooth. Their powers were something to fear, especially when they held a bond like family.

"Min-chan, I don't want you to get hurt. You have become someone to trust in the box full of demons." Jackal said to me, he began to shake his head. "I feel that even though we fight to train, we have become like brother and sister. And I don't want to lose that!"

"You won't, as long as we fight for what we believe. Please help me with this." I begged him, staring into his eyes. They clouded over in thought before he pulled me into a hug.

"I will help you Min-chan, but if it becomes too dangerous. I'm pulling you back." He mumbled into my ear, hugging me tighter before he let go and left. "Meet me on the north face of the Cube."

I showered, and put a healing cream on my wounds. Then dressed in my usual garb of bandage wraps, and long coat with gloves and thigh high boots. I pull my coat around me, to cover my bare flesh covered in demons marks. I transport to the North face of the Cube. Jackal sits on the ground, looking over the emerald sea of trees.

"Let's get this over with, Jack-chan." I mutter before pulling him to his feet and jumping from the Cube and into the woods.

We race for a bit, running towards Magnolia, with the Cube far behind. When we reach the edge of Magnolia we cast cover spells, to make us look like an average citizen.

"Where to now?" He asked as we walked along the river.

"Lucy lives just down this road." I mumble, because on the inside I'm frustrated. I just want to stop this from happening, but I know what will happen if I don't. Punishment by Mard Geer is not as gentle as Jiemma's.

When we arrive we check to see that Lucy is the only one there. After we put runes around the house, to make sure no one sees. We knock on the door. She opens it, her smile bright, but I could see suspicion in her eyes.

"How may I help you?" She says staring into my eyes. I frown then throw a knockout spell her way. She jumps out of the way, before pulling her keys from her side.

"I summon Leo the Lion, and Aries the ram!" She called out, and both spirits appeared at her side. They had fierce gaze on them, though Aries seemed to be leaning towards Loke.

"Let the world be consumed by wool and light!" They shouted in unison, making a unison raid together. Abruptly we were invaded in wool and light.

"Catastrophe, Explosion!" I yelled, and it seemed like the world was filled with pain again.

As New Curses, cost a lot of pain. When I opened my eyes, Lucy was leaned against her bed. She was concious, but only barely. Her apartment was in shambles, though her spirits were still standing.

"Forced Gate closure!" She screamed, Loke and Aries turned to look at her in surprise as they vanished in a flash of golden light. She breathed for a minute before heaving herself to her feet.

"Why did you do that?" Jackal asked as he too got to his feet. That's when I noticed both our cover spells had faded.

"Minerva, are you okay?" Lucy questioned as she took a step closer to me. "If you needed help, you could have just called Fairy Tail or Sabertooth. Or any other guild for that matter."

I felt my heart grow heavy with what I was about to do. "I'm sorry to cause so much more pain, but I can't think of a safer way." I muttered before casting a sleeping spell on her.

How could she be so kind after all I'd done to her? How could she believe that Sabertooth would ever come to my rescue? I deserved every bit of suffering I would get from this war.

Jackal picked her up, and I drew a Tartaros mark on the floor of her living room.

"I'm sorry, Min-chan." Jackal said to me as we returned to the Cube. Lucy stirred in her sleep, and she whispered something.

"Minerva, your Tigers need and miss you." And she faded back to sleep. A single tear fell from my eye.

"What is a Tigress to do, when she can't escape her cage?" I mumble back.

In apology for the last several late updates, I've updated again! And with much gusto, as well. Because I have gained another reader! ChiekoHope ! Thanks not only for the follow, but also for the vote! Keep on voting, it's greatly appreciated!

I know that I've only hinted at certain ships, but soon they shall be canon. Then I may rest in piece, for there will be a book dedicated to all my ships!