Chapter four- Princess

Sting's POV
Lately I had the feeling of being constantly watched. Since the meeting with Fairy tail, I've been especially cautious about it. Trying to figure out how to catch the stalker. Though my mind has also been dominated by one other thing.

I opened my eyes looking to the bright, blue sky above. "Weisslogia, I don't know what to do. I want to be the best Guild master I can be for Sabertooth, yet I feel her holding me back. I want to know what happened to the Princess..."

Suddenly the sound of a sob distracted me from my thinking aloud. I sat up, and found I was looking into the distraught face of Minerva. And just as she had come, she vanished into nothing with a final cry. I tried to find her, I sniffed the air hoping to catch her scent. Though the trace of Minerva had vanished, as she had teleported to wherever she was now. I frantically ran around, hoping she had gone somewhere nearby.

In truth I knew it was hopeless, but I wanted her to be here. I needed her to be there, because she completed the Sabertooth family. After hours of fruitless searching, I returned to the guild. Rogue had asked me questions, but I ignored him as I treaded up the steps to the princess's room. I stared at her door, before finally opening it. Since she had left, I never went inside. As I had fear for what I would find.

The room was still pristine and full of the basic necessities of any princess. A large bed surrounded by thin swaths of cloth. A vanity that was organized with various, carefully selected beauty products. A full length mirror stood beside a closet filled with gorgeously crafted gowns. Chandeliers hung from the high ceiling, with gold trim against the light blue walls. And a desk that had important books of literature scattered on it.

It was empty of any life, it felt drafty and cold. I looked to the side and noticed the window was cracked open a little. I walked over to close it, then looked down.

You could practically see the whole town from here. Though it felt like the people were just ants in a maze too small to really care about.

I continued to look, until I noticed something odd about the windowsill. Claw marks were made into the marble. Slight traces of dried blood, and I could smell that it was the Princess's. I studied it for a bit, before I remembered there was seer within the guild. He was an odd guy, who only could look into a lacrima and get the basics of the future. Though I knew when it came to reaching into the past, he was the one to ask.

I ran out of her room, and rushed to Jacque's room. I burst through the door, blinking a moment before I saw into the dim room.

"I've been expecting you, Master. How may I be of service?" He inquired as I sat down on cushion. His room looked like the classic fortune teller's hut. Different types of dark red and purple cloth was hung around the room. Rugs covered the floor, and we sat at a table surrounded by cushions. Various candleholders floated around the room.

"Tell me what happened the night the princess disappeared." I demanded of him, and he scrunched his brow as he looked into the lacrima. He moved his tan hands as if trying to pull the future into the lacrima. His black hair was parted to the left side, while the right side was closely shaved. His purple eyes were focused to see anything, a bit of his hair fell into his face. He blew it back, and that's when his eyes started changing colors.

"The princess left, she joined Succubus eye before attempting to return to Sabertooth. She had come back about a month ago, before she was dragged from her room that same night. It looks like the old master, and he's near someone with a lot of dark power. I see the princess being put into something. I can sense her changing. The Princess is no longer human. The new Demon, Minerva!" He finished with a shout before the lacrima broke. Shattered bits of glass fell into my lap. I looked into it, as a sort of smoke swirled into nothing.

"Oh man! I'm sorry Master, but do you know how much Seeing lacrimas cost? Not cheap I'm gonna tell you that!" Jacque shouted, but I ignored him as I stood, dusting away the lacrima. I left his room, heading to where I knew Rogue would be. I stormed to the library, and grabbed him by his collar. Yukino looked up at me to argue but then backed away when she saw my fierce gaze.

"I'm just going to borrow him for a while. Please continue to read in peace, Yuki-chan." I said as I continued to pull him out of the room and down the hall.

"Where the hell are you taking me!?" Rogue questioned angrily as we began up the steps. He ripped himself from my grasp and grabbed my shoulders. We stood halfway up the steps to the princess's room.

"I want to show you something in the princess's room." I answered before continuing up the stairs. Rogue followed, as usual.

"Why are you suddenly obsessed with the princess? I thought you said 'She can live her own life. And if it's not in Sabertooth, I'm fine with that.'?" Rogue replied as I opened her door again. I stomped over to the windowsill. Waiting patiently as Rogue studied his surroundings before he saw the claw marks.

"The princess was kidnapped and made into a demon." I informed him, and he immediately began to choke and cough on his saliva.

"What--are you-- talking-- about?!" He rasped as he tried to get his breathing back under control. I knocked him on the back, and threw him some shadow.

"Better?" I asked, to which he nodded as he drank in the bit of darkness. "Jacque informed me of what actually happened to the princess."

I went on to explain what Jacque had told me.

"I thought the old master died? Unless what Fairy Tail said is true?" Rogue asked incredulously, as he thought back to that day.

"I hoped he was dead, but apparently not. He's alive, and has taken the princess. And I think it might have to do with Fairy Tail's problems as well." I muttered the last bit to myself as I looked at the claw marks.

Rogue: Why did Sting have to check in the library first?
Sting: Because I knew you'd be pretending to read while you gazed at Yuki with longing.
Rogue blushing fiercely: What are you talking about. Pssshhh, that is the worst lie I've ever heard.
Sting shaking his head: Just ask her out Rogue. Anyway author-chan said to tell you... She owns none of the characters and only some of the plot so far.