VII. Her Last Promenade

CHAPTER 7

Alice slowly approached Karl and kneeled in front of him. As she patted his soft brown hair, he said,

"Beeti-ful pwincess!"

 Alice rested her hands on the doorknob, preparing for the worst. Four days passed by without any special occurrences - except maybe if you add the fact that Sir Harry, the pedophile, did some irreplaceable traumatic damage to a student - she doubted if there could be a longer streak of peaceful days in Seiji High.

And she was proved right when she opened the door. Dior, Gucci, Calvin Klein. Powder, lipstick, eyeliners. Dresses, gowns, noises.That was what awaited her inside.

Simply to put, it was a different kind of chaos... but still, yes. Chaos.

It was like this every year. The promenade starts at 7:30 PM, but the students are supposed to take their usual Friday lessons first.

The boys just enter at 8 AM for attendance and leaves to do their own business, which is usually finding a place where tuxedo are rent.

The girls on the other hand… spray perfume, apply lipstick, dab powder, color their nails, curl their lashes, put-on eye shadow, style their hair, and some even wax in there!

So eventually - because of the sneezing, the chemical inhalation, the hair from who-knows-where, and a lot of different factors - the teachers gave up in coming to their classrooms, much less teaching in there.

Well, some teachers did try to get the class settled. And they usually end up in the hospital.

"What the hell do you think your wearing?" A familiar brunette asked.

Alice checked herself for a while and replied, "A white statement shirt, Levis skinny jeans, and a black and gray striped jacket."

"You know that's not what I'm talking about." Kate grunted in response.

"Then what are you talking about? The shoes?" Alice paused for a while as if giving off the impression of thinking and replied, "Well, if you must know, these are a pair of red high-cut Chuck Ta-

"The dress! Where the hell is your dress?"

"In my house?" Alice said quite unsure. She felt guilty because she was lying to Kate to cover up for the dress. All she remembered was that Kate bought the dress for her. After paying for the dress, a saleslady slipped it inside a shopping bag and gave it to Kate. The latter then gave it to Alice and they walked out of the mall together with Karl.

In coincidence, Kate's parents passed by the mall and somehow spotted us.

"We'll drive you. Besides, there's a Karl with you to deal with and we're just on the way to our house."

Alice asked them to drop her off at the bus station since from that point on, the routes to their houses were different. She quickly rode a bus due to all the exhaustion and when she arrived at the footsteps of her house, she noticed that neither of her two hands held a shopping bag.

Kate's lips twitched upward. "I knew you weren't going to bring it."

"You did?"

"I knew you'll never get to bring it." She said. Alice sensed that she somehow knew about the incident.

"You. . . knew?"

Kate smiled at Alice and immediately proceeded with ransacking her backpack. When she found the dress, she quickly dragged Alice to a empty classroom. Kate did not even make a move to give room for privacy since between the both of them, nudity was not a discomfort.