V. Her Friendly Date

CHAPTER 5

Alice woke up in her bed and unconsciously rubbed her eyes. She stood up while hugging her pillow and raked her fingers through her hair. As a daily routine, she slid the curtains to one side and opened the window allowing fresh air to come in.

As she was taking in the overview of her town, a silver Porsche drove up to the direction of her front yard.

Earl.

And as predicted, he stepped out of the driver's seat. He was wearing a simple red shirt and tattered jeans.

Looking back at herself, all she could see was a girl who just woke up to face the pain of reality - ruffled hair, a pastel-pink silk nightgown, and a baby blue pillow.

She quickly stripped off her nightgown and changed into a white shirt - a size too big for her - worn loosely and contrasting black skinny jeans. She snatched some things from her bedside table - a comb, ponytail, watch, and a baller band that said 'hot and dangerous.'

She ran down the stairs while combing her hair with much difficulty. She wore her accessories and opened the kitchen faucet. In a hurry, she splashed her face with water just when the doorbell rang.

After drying her face, she made final adjustments and wore whatever shoes her hand grabbed. All this she finished in less than three minutes.

Finally, she opened the door just in time to see Earl run his fingertips in his hair.

When he saw her, he smiled. Unexpectedly, he placed his right arm near his abdomen and his left arm at his back, making him look like a prince bowing at a princess.

He bowed and asked playfully, "Shall we go now milady?"

Alice chuckled heartily and made out the tips of an imaginary dress. She crossed her legs and lowered herself a bit making her look much princess-like... except, wearing a loose shirt and skinny jeans. She bowed her head slightly and replied in the same manner,

"Lead the way Mister Clyde."

*       *       *

Alice chomped off a piece of meat from her fork. Seeing this, Earl gave a hearty laugh and asked,

"Enjoying the meal?"

"Very." Alice replied, pronouncing the two syllables with much difficulty because of the food in her mouth.

Sure, she was a lady - in public. But around her friends, she was just an innocent child. Besides, it wasn't always that she got to eat these stuff. Well, actually, yes, but she tended to refuse them. But she couldn't refuse an offer from Earl, can she?

Much to their dismay, they finished their meal with no interesting occurrences.

They walked back to his car, hand in hand. It was normal for them to do this. They were friends. Childhood friends. It didn't disturb them that much. But what they didn't know was that it aroused feelings... to both of them.

 "Thanks for lunch." Alice started.

"No harm done. You going somewhere?" Earl asked while nearing the car.

"Yeah. Kate's gonna buy me... stuff." She said unsurely.

What was Kate going to buy with me anyway?' She thought.

He chuckled. "Want a ride?"

"Sure."

________________________________________________________________________________

Well, sorry if it was sooo short. Ahaha :)) I'm not good with mushy stuff, so... yeah.

Vote? Comment? It'd be very appreciated. =">