Memories

This song is To The End by My Chemical Romance.Please,go check out my new story ·Annalies·.

Chapter 31
Iden's POV.

We arrived and I looked up at the familiar house.

"Let's go,"Dad said,opening his car door.

I gulped and nodded slowly.I opened the car door and stepped out.

Dad walked up to the door and knocked.My breathing hitched as I heard the lock click and watched as the door opened.

Jerusha's mother stood there.

She eyed us and her gaze lingered on me.

Dad noticed this because he cleared his throat and said,"It was bring your kid to work day at the FBI."

Her mom nodded slowly and let us in.

"Honey,you can have a seat right there,"her mother said to me.

I nodded my thanks,"Thank you."

We all sat down.

She looked at me.

I found myself wanting to hug her.

"You look so much like one of my daughter's friends,"she sighed,"Her name was Iden.Her mother was killed not too long ago and she disappeared."

I dug my nails into my skin and bit my tongue to hold back my tears.

"Her father was never there for them.I'd like to think he was a douche.Sorry,for my language."

"No,"I shook my head,"You're fine."

I glanced at my father.He was tense.

He cleared his throat,"Ma'am,I have some questions for you about your daughter."

She nodded,"Ask away."

"Did she ever seem far off?"

She nodded and my worry for Jerusha grew.

"She missed her friends,Helena and Iden.She actually has a gift for Iden in her room."

"Do you mind if I check out her room?"I asked,kindly.

Her mom shook her head,"No,it's fine.Go look."

I smiled,"Thank you."

I got up and walked up the familiar stairs to her room.

"Her room is at the far end on the left."

"Okay."

I reached the top of the stairs and looked around.It was very familiar and I wanted to run my fingers along the wall and become one with it.

I walked slowly to Jerusha's room.My hand rested on the doorknob and I turned it.I pushed the door open and engulfed the familiar blue room.

I sat on her bed and took in her band posters:Metallica,Green Day,My Chemical Romance,Nirvana,Falling In Reverse,and Fall Out Boy.

My eyes wandered to a present on the bed.I took it in my hands and read the label.

To:Iden
From:Jerusha
Happy Birthday!

I felt a single tear slip down my cheek.I felt like I'd abandoned her.

I blinked the tears away and hugged the present to my chest.

"I'm so sorry,Jerusha.I didn't mean to leave you,"I let the tears fall and I fell against her bed.

I remembered the times I'd spent the night and laid on this very bed while watching My Chemical Romance music videos and crying over The Ghost Of You video.(I shit you not you will cry if you're a big fan of My Chemical Romance.I did like 400 times)

Her mother walked in and saw me.

"Are you okay,honey?"she asked.

I nodded,clearly a lie.

I'm Not Okay!

"Yea,I'm fine,"I bit my lip,"I had a friend like Jerusha.She died...just a year ago."

"Oh,I'm so sorry,honey."

"It's fine,"I got up and walked down the stairs.

Dad saw me,"Hey,kiddo,what's wrong?"

I shook my head,"I'm fine.May I go to the diner?"I asked.

(I finally remembered to use proper English I'm proud of myself)

He hesitated,"I don't know."

"I know the manager."

He sighed,"Okay.Be careful."

"Always am."

I walked out of the house and started my way to the diner.