Girl

This song is 21st Century Breakdown by Green Day.

Chapter 32
Iden's POV.

A bell rang as I pushed the diner door open.I looked around at the familiar place I had come to so many times.

People were laughing and drinking coffee.Some kids were even cramming on a test.A smile tugged at my lips.

Then the realization hit me and my smile turned into a frown.

I'd never have this.I'd never be able to cram for a test like a normal human being.I was a hunter for goodness sakes.I'd never have anything normal.

I sighed and shoved the thoughts away as I walked up to the counter.People were seated,drinking milkshakes with whip cream and cherries on top.The diner was your typical...'50's maybe diner.

I sat down at a seat and waited or someone to come up and take my order.

"Hi,sweetie,what would you like?"asked a blonde haired woman I knew too well.

I hid my smile as I recognized Beth.

"May I have two biscuits to go,a coffee to go,a beer,and pie."

She looked me up and down,"You're awful young to be drinking beer."

"Oh,"I said,"It's not for me.It's for my father."

"He shouldn't drink under the influence.Especially with you in the car."

"I can drive."

She looked me up and down again.

"I'm short,I know.I get it from my mother,but I'm sixteen.Promise."

She sighed,"Ok,darlin'"she wrote down my order,"Just this once."

I smiled,"Thanks."

She smiled back up at me.

I heard the ring of the familiar bell and turned toward the door.

A girl walked in.She had golden brown hair and hazel eyes.She wore a Green Day band tee under a plaid shirt and leather jacket.Her jeans were ripped which gave her this tough look.Her black combat boots were stained with dirt,she'd been busy.

She looked around,as if to make sure it was safe.I looked at her curiously.Jeffrey's Diner was the safest place on earth.I don't know why she'd be scared.

She took a seat two down from mine.

"A sweet tea please?"she asked.

Beth nodded and quickly got her one.The girl laid a 10 dollar bill on the table.

Beth reached into the cash register to grab change when the girl said,"Keep it.It won't do me any good."

Beth smiled,"Thank you for your kindness."

"No problem."

She sipped the tea slowly.I kept casting glances her way,which she seemed to catch.

A to go bag was set in front of me.

"That'll be fifteen dollars,"Beth said.

I laid a ten and a five on the table,took the bag,thanked Beth,and walked out the door.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I got it out to check it.Dad texted me.

I moved the car go through the alley on the left of the diner then make two rights.You should see it.

I replied best I could with all the stuff in my hands.

Ok,see you ina few.Got fod.