Life, How You Confuzzle Me. (10)

I don't know how long I sat there. I just sat there. I was absolutely drenched, and my hair had come loose of its braid. My makeup was probably smudged all over my face, but I really couldn't care less.

I sat there and cried. It was then that I realised how long it was since I'd last cried, and I wasn't just crying about Gavin, it was about everything. My parents divorce, the death of my grandmother, Michael. All my emotions were just all poring out at once, in one big rush.

"Mona! Mona, where are you?" I heard Gavin yelling in the distance. He'd been yelling for a while but I hadn't bothered to reply. I was sobbing into my knees and I'm pretty sure my white shirt was see through. "Mona!" I suddenly heard Gavin's voice much closer. I didn't even have to look up to know he was approaching.

The weirdest part was, I sat on that sidewalk for goodness knows how long, and not a single person has noticed me.

"Mona, are you okay? I mean you obviously aren't, Youre sobbing your heart out but... uh I'm really bad at this..." I almost laughed as he cursed at himself. "Look that kiss..."

"I don't want to talk about it," I said hoarsely, "just take me home."

I decided Gavin had better drive, seeing the mess I was in. We drove home in silence, with the radio playing quietly. 'Teenage Dirtbag' came on and I could hear Gavin humming along lightly.

"Gavin," I whispered, "I'm sorry."

"What for?" he asked as he turned down our street and pulled up outside my house. He took the keys out of the ignition and turned to look at me. "Why are you sorry?"

"For kissing you, it was a stupid idea, I have no idea what came over me, I'm sorry..." I said, finding my voice and just babbling on, until suddenly he pressed his lips up against mine in a passionate kiss. When he pulled away I said; "Wow, that's the nicest way anyone's ever told me to shut up before." and a smile licked at the corners of my mouth.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow," he said, handing me the keys and getting out of the car. He was walking away backwards saying, "oh, by the way you've got a little face on your makeup and..." before he tripped over a rubbish bin and fell into a thorn bush.

I laughed like a loon on loon tablets for the next hundred years, with him looking at me evilly.

When I had composed myself enough I went and helped him out of the bush. I plucked thorns off his chest and arms before hugging him in thanks. I locked the car before going inside.

When I got in, Haleigh could automatically tell something was wrong, I don't know what gave it away, whether it was the makeup, the soaking wet clothes, or my puffy eyes.

She came up and hugged and told me to go have a nice hot shower, while she called Martin to call off their Karaoke date.

I went and hopped in the shower and exfoliated my face hoping to get every scrap of what had happened away. I cleansed with my Mums anti-stress body wash that smells like oranges and toothpaste and I have to say it worked pretty well. I shampooed and conditioned my hair, before hopping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around me, I got changed into a new set of undercrackers and sweat pants, and a Elmo shirt.

Haleigh came in in her onesies and started throwing every pillow and blanket we own, onto my double bed. She then dragged my desk forward and plugged her laptop in. She placed a pile of movies on the desk next to the computer when there was a knock at the door, so I got up from my death bed and shuffled down the hall, (not shuffle like the dancing, shuffle like not taking your feet off the ground when you walk). I opened the door to find Martin and Jen standing there, what were they doing here?

"We're here because Haleigh told us you were upset about something, so I bought you food and Jen, actually I have no idea what Jen is doing here. Jen, what are you doing here?" Martin explained raising an eyebrow at Jen.

She shrugged her shoulders and said; "because I am a good friend." and then made her ears wiggle in a suggestive way, I don't know what her wiggly ears were suggesting, that's just what people say. Isn't it?

I took the bags of food off Marty and hugged him in thanks. Then I pulled Jen inside and slammed the door in his face.

We went and dug into our giant pile of cushions and blankets, we curled up in our comfy mountain, eating the snacks Martin had bought round and watching movies. We ended up playing an intense game of truth or dare and a slightly scary game of blind makeovers, I could see Gavin looking at us weirdly but I just closed the blinds, not caring. Much.