Life, How You Confuzzle Me. (07)

Dance class was the best, Ms. Johnson, (my dance teacher), gave me a lollypop because it was my birthday. It was rainbow and I shared it with my friends because that is the kind of thing nice people, like me, do.

Other than the hiccups earlier in the day involving Gavin and Nicole, this days gone pretty well. Georgia, Ruby, Jen, Jake and Martin came home with me and Haleigh in our new car, seeing as they're coming out for dinner with us. Seeimg as the car is only a 5 seater, Jen and Ruby went in the boot. They didn't seem to mind, so that was fine. When we got home, Dad was still out at work, (he says hes a plumber, but I really think hes a secret spy for the FBI), we all got changed and ready to go out, before lounging in the lounge, (huh, only now just got that's why they call it a lounge in the first place), watching some crappy baseball game that was on tv, while eating my Mums secret stash of chocolate, which I stole like a little um... stealer? Haleigh and I are both wearing our brand new outfits, because there turns out to be no surprise party planned.

Then when Dad came home, he went and had a shower. After that he came downstairs in a fitting suit.

"You look nice, Joe. Phroawr!" Jake said to him. Is it weird that my friends have a thing for my Dad? Especially my guy friends?

"Thank you Jakey." my Dad replied tackling jake onto the leather couch. Ok, this situation just went from weird to weirder.

Then someone knocked on the door. Dad stopped mid noogie and went to get the door. A minute later he comes back into the room with a very pretty lady. Jeeze, she looks like a model.

"Everyone, this is Jocelyn, she's a model," Dad says, ah well that explains her height, perfect skin and gorgeous complexity, "We've just started dating, and I've invited her to come to dinner tonight with us."

"Whoop, there it is." Georgia mutters.

"These are my daughters, Ramona and Haleigh, and these are their friends..." he goes through the rigmarole of introducing everyone. I say nothing.

"Are you guys all ready to go?" Dad asks, still I say nothing.

"Shotgun." Jake says. Ugh. This cannot be happening. I have a step mother in the making and I have to sit next to Jake on the way to the restaraunt. Ew.

••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• •••

"So, Ramona, how are you liking school?" Jocelyn asks me. Were sitting at a table at the back corner of mine and Haleighs very favourite Chinese restaraunt.

"As much as any other teenager."

"Do you watch 'Home and Away'?"

"No. I don't watch crappy TV."

"Mona." Dad says sternly, giving me a death stare.

"I'm just answering honestly, Dad." I say looking at him innocently. He gets angry at this comment and goes as red as an angry fool in a to tight business suit. Which he is.

"Have you ever thought about starting modelling Mona?" Jocelyn says, totally oblivious to me NOT LIKING HER IN THE SLIGHTEST.

"No, I don't want to be tan-gerine, freakishly tall that I can't wear high heels without looking like a giant, and I don't particularly desire being like you in the slightest."

"Would you like some Aloe Vera for that buuuuuuurn."