Chapter 14: In Which Steve Enlists The Help Of A New Friend And Meets An Old One

Back again with another chapter This took me less time to write then expected. I doubt updates will usually appear this fast. Nevertheless, enjoy! Oh, and this chapter, as well as the upcoming chapters feature Percy more, so I hope you guys like that. - Spathi

Percy's P.O.V.

He glanced around, assessing the situation. In front of him, 6 agents stood within 5 feet in a semi-circle, automatic guns pointed at his face. 8 high-ranking agents stood behind them, ready to take action. A couple more people came out of the Bus. He recognized them as Coulson's team.

"That's the Sea Scorpion." One of the high-ranking agents said. Percy turned to her. He realized that he was looking at Victoria Hand.

"That's what they call me." he answered.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"Well, I didn't mean to land here. I was looking for a location in Alaska, and I screwed up when I traveled." he replied, trying to be vague about it. Hand narrowed her eyes.

"Really?" It didn't sound like a question. 

"Can I leave?" Percy asked lightly. Everybody looked at him like he was crazy.

"We'll have to do this the hard way, then." he thought.

Percy took a deep breath. And then, he exploded into action. He leaped into the air, whipping his leg around in a circle, and knocking the automatic guns out of the hands of all six agents. Landing, he immediately threw himself between the legs of one of those six agents, coming up behind the agent, and kicking him in the back. He whirled on Hand, grabbing her arm, and throwing her so that she plowed into three other high-ranking agents, one of which seemed to be Jasper Sitwell.

"Isn't he supposed to be in the Triskelion?" he thought. Percy kept on fighting. After a couple of minutes, the eight high-ranking agents and the six SHIELD agents watched him warily from their positions twenty feet away, all of them bruised and exhausted. At this point, one of Coulson's team decided to act. Three bullets were shot from Grant Ward's gun, which pinged off of his completely bullet proof armor. The specialist charged at him, going for a hook to the jaw. Percy ducked under it, and smacked Ward lightly in the ear. Ward growled and swung again.

Ward was strong, but Percy was stronger. Better yet, Percy was faster. Percy had a field day leaning this way and that as Ward threw all kinds of attacks at him, none of them connecting. Eventually, Percy got bored, and once he saw an opening in Ward's attack, he took it. Percy slammed Ward right above his solarplex, launching him backwards, and knocking the wind out of his lungs. At this point, Melinda May stepped carefully forwards. A memory flashed through Percy's head.

I'm going to teach you a set of moves that someone taught me. It's like I'm fighting you, but in reality, it's choreographed. Once you've learned the entire thing, practicing it over and over again will increase your reflexes and speed. And it looks impressive. The person who taught it to me called it the Dance of Shadows.

This was said by a 24 year old Natasha to a 12-year old Percy. Percy remembered nodding, his eyes shining with excitement.

Percy slid his right foot back, assuming a light sparring stance. He placed his right fist by his jaw, and the other in front of him.

This is the beginning stance. From here, slide your front foot back in a circle, while also moving your left fist back in a wide arc until it is at your waist. Settle into a light back stance. At the same time, slowly move your right fist forward, uncurling your fist until your open palm is facing me.

He breathed deeply as he moved, following years of muscle memory. Melinda May watched him with curiosity. Everybody else stared.

I used to say a phrase in Chinese whenever I began this move set. The phrase is: