Chapter 9: In Which Natasha Spends Some Time With The Doctor

Percy's P.O.V.

He enjoyed being around Avengers Tower. That was a fact. He got to spy on Natasha, he was earning tons of money, and he had access to a lot of resources. He was able to move through the tower freely, and nobody but his sister missed him if he disappeared. The only thing that was annoying was having to maintain his cover all the time, but that part wasn't hard. Currently he was moving through the vents of the tower, having found that they were useful in allowing him to move around unnoticed. The tower was structured so that every Avenger had their own floor, although some were still uninhabited. But the vents were part of one system, so he could go anywhere via them.

Percy paused by a vent in the living room of Bruce Banner's floor, catching sight of his sister's red hair. He silently removed the vent cover, and poked his head through, trying to get a better look at the scene. He could see his sister and Bruce sitting in comfortable silence, watching some old black and white movie.

"Hey. Here's looking at you, kid." the man onscreen said, tenderly cupping the chin of the woman facing him. Percy realized that they were watching Casablanca, as that was one of the most iconic lines from the movie. He turned his attention towards his sister, who was looking over at Bruce. He seemed to be quite taken with the movie, and Percy had no doubt that the movie was one of the man's favorites. The son of the sea glanced back at Natasha, who looked as emotionless as ever. But Percy could see the curiosity about the man burning in her eyes, the desire to get to know him shining clear as day to the green-eyed demigod. He smiled inwardly, and disappeared back into the vents, replacing the cover silently.

A couple nights later, Percy noticed the two leaving the tower together. They were dressed casually, and he wondered where they were going. Bruce got into the driver's seat of a convertible, and Natasha rode shotgun. He tailed them from the rooftops, following them until they got to an honest-to-gods drive in movie theater. He looked around, and found that it was an old movie marathon. Feeling slightly stalkerish, he sat in a nearby tree, and watched the duo watch the movie. Halfway through the movie, he had an idea. He concentrated as hard as he could, and thought of creating a mini hurricane, the smallest one he'd ever created. The winds picked up, and Natasha shivered. Percy smiled in satisfaction as Bruce took off his jacket and wrapped it around Natasha's bare shoulders in one of the most cliche moves he'd ever seen. Natasha looked rather surprised, but Bruce had turned back to the movie as if nothing had happened. Percy watched his sister's lips part, almost like she was going to say something, but she closed her mouth and furrowed her brow. He could tell that she was still trying to figure Bruce out. Percy dissolved into mist and went back to the tower.

Two days passed, and Percy found himself walking past Banner's lab. He glanced in and almost did a double take. There was Natasha, sitting on a table, wearing a sports bra and leggings, with Bruce examining her back. He had known that Bruce was good with medical things, given the nature of Percy's entry to his current job, but most of the team went to SHIELD medical for treatment. Apparently not Natasha. She sat still as the doctor carefully took care of the wound on her back. Then, the man stepped back and said something. Percy couldn't hear what he was saying, but Natasha smiled genuinely at him, and hopped off the table, pulling on her shirt. Neither noticed him looking through the window. It became an common occurrence for Percy to see Natasha getting a wound fixed up in Bruce's lab, or just hanging out with the scientist. 

Soon, Natasha could almost always be found near Bruce. Tony had gone to Malibu to spend time with Pepper, so the two had no other possible company. One day, he gave Natasha an interesting idea.

"Why don't I take you two to camp? It might be a nice getway." he suggested. Natasha blinked.

"Getaway?" she asked.