BLEACH: Aizen Sousuke

Start from the beginning

  Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike while your opponent's back is turned. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

All creatures want to believe in something bigger than themselves. They cannot live without blind obedience. And to escape the pressure of that trust, those in whom faith is placed in turn look for someone higher than themselves. And then those people in turn look for someone even stronger. That is how all Kings are born. That is how all Gods are born. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

Trusting someone...means relying on them and only the weak do that. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

I never ask them to trust me at all. I told them to come with me but I never told them to trust me. And I always tell them not to trust anyone, including myself. But sadly, there are not many strong enough to do that. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

[To Barragan, before he was recruited by Aizen] Isn't it ironic, king of Hueco Mundo? Dressed in black and poised to attack, you look just like a shinigami. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

[To Orihime, after she had being taken from Ichigo once again] A girl like you should smile more often. Overcast skies blot out the sun, and that always brings people's spirits down. So why not let the sun shine...For just a while longer? 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

No matter what may happen... As long as you walk by my side... There shall be no enemy that can stand before us. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

Good evening, Espada. There has been an enemy attack. But first...Let us brew some tea. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

[After Gin offers to kill some Arrancars] No thanks, for that would be boring.        

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

  Oh? I thought I severed your body from the waist-down, but...It seems the cut was too shallow. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

Oh? I thought I severed your body from the waist-down, but...It seems the cut was too shallow. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

"No longer the Aizen you know," hm...? I'm afraid you've been deluded, Abarai-kun...The 'Aizen Sousuke' you knew never existed to begin with. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

It's very difficult for me to step on an ant without crushing it. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

Don't use such strong words -- It makes your weakness all the more apparent. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

I had no intention of deceiving anyone. It's just that none of you could understand...My true self. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

[To Hitsugaya, after stabbing Hinamori] Aww...You found her. Sorry, I didn't want you to find out this way...No. I should have chopped her into little pieces and hidden them away where you would never find them. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

Admiration is a feeling furthest away from understanding. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

Since the beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens. Neither you, nor me, not even God himself. But that unbearable vacancy in the throne of Heaven shall be filled. From this day forth, I will stand in heaven. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

Why are you putting so much distance between us? If you want to make sure it hits me, then you should get close and fire. Or is it that you're afraid of letting even a part of me out of your field of vision by getting close? If that's the case, then it's a foolish thought. Distance only has meaning in a fight between equals. With you and I, distance holds no meaning at all. Watch... If I do this, my hand is almost instantly at your heart. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

The betrayal you can see is trivial. What is truly frightening and much more lethal, is the betrayal that you don't see. 

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)  

Reason exists for those who cannot go on living without clinging to it. Now let's go... to the edge of reason.          

~Aizen Sousuke(BLEACH)