45~Luna

Maybe if I don't cry, I won't feel anymore- Stone Cold, Demi Lovato

    Vincenzo came into my room the next morning. "Eat breakfast with me." he demanded. 

    "No."

     He sighed, "I'm trying."

    "Not for yourself." I snarled. "For the pack, for the survival of your pack."

    He sighed, "Enough, Araceli. Out of my head, you won't enjoy my thoughts."

     "Do not lie to me, Vince! I deserve that much, right? I deserve honesty, at least." 

      "Honesty is not always a kindness."

    "Do not pretend to care about me, not now."

    He averted his eyes, "Be ready in an hour. You are eating with the pack."

~

    The table of high-ranking wolves ceased talking when I walked into the room. The females ducked their head and gripped their mates' hands under the table. Vince glanced at me, "Sit." he growled, gesturing to the seat next to him. I swallowed and tentatively sat down, avoiding his eyes. The beta peeled his lips back, baring his teeth. Vincenzo slammed his fist onto the table, "Do not disrespect your Luna, Arcaen." he roared, staring each of the pack members in the eye. 

     Valentino sat at the end of the table with his beta and gamma. "Luna?" he questioned.

     Vince's face went slack. "Shut up, Valentino."

    The visiting alpha frowned, but said no other word. The beta-female coughed, "Are you boys going to eat, or just glare?" 

    Everyone immediately bit into their pancakes. I awkwardly shifted away when Vincenzo rested his hand on my thigh. I jerked away. I glanced at him, diving into his mind.

   What are you fucking doing. I snarled through the link. 

    Trying. He replied.

    Well stop that. 

    No.

    I'm not your mate.

    That bite mark on your neck says otherwise.

     That was your wolf.

     I need a luna to make my pack strong, to keep me together.

     I am not a toy for your amusement. 

     No.

    I stood up roughly. "Excuse me." I smiled at the table.

    ~

   Vincenzo locked the door, "Araceli, we need to figure this out."

    "No, we don-" I let out a choked gasp. I collapsed onto the bed.

~

Lunas pushed him off her body, hissing when the fire touched her body. "I cannot die, you cannot die."

    "Everyone can die." he hissed. 

    Lunas sighed, disappearing from thin air. Each of the surviving Canus disappeared one by one. 

~

    Apollo roared in anger, "Bitch!" he snarled. He turned to the sound of a small female tugging at his armor. A glint appeared in his eyes, "Anabelle."

    "I think I found my mate." she murmured fearfully. 

     "Your what?"

    "A mate," the werewolf said. "A soul mate."

     He smirked, "Well, my sister has been busy. Who's your mate, wolf."

    "The gamma." she said. 

     "Why would you tell me this?"

     "Because you're the king."

~

     Vince sighed, "Wake up. Wake up, now."

    I inhaled the air, gulping it down. "E-each time I see a memory, I can feel m-myself, slipping away."

    He frowned, "Slipping away where?"

    "Into the past."

A/N: You guys are so amazing! So many people voted on every chapter it was amazing! I can't believe it! We're still 69 lmfao. But this number is good luck for Ara and Vince, fingers crossed.