27~Gamma

It's been two weeks since Sebastian was born. The women fawn over the constantly screaming child and coo at his sharp features. I avoided the child as much as possible. Whenever I walked into the room his dark blue eyes followed me.

   I sighed when I could here Piper squealing to Vincenzo. "He's smiling." she cooed. "He even has dimples!"

   I rolled my eyes and jammed the crayon back into Roland's hand. "This drawing thing is ridiculous."

   He rolled his eyes, "Tala wants to see you today." he murmured and continued to draw his puppy in Crayola. 

    I hissed at Achlys when he looked up in confusion. "Who's Tala." he smirked. "She hot?"

   I snarled at me, "Quiet." I turned to Roland, who had been coming to the packhouse every day. "Tell her that if she wants to see me, she has to come to the packhouse."

   He pouted and glanced at his phone when it dinged. I grabbed it before he reached it. "Ezra says to stay away from that girl." I went through his contacts. "You only have one contact? I'm pretty sure I put my number in here."

   Roland's bright blue eyes glanced at the screen. "He restricts my apps and got this phone strictly for calling him."

    Achlys grinned, "Ara doesn't even have a working phone, her adoptive parents took away her data usage and kicked her out of the house."

   I bared my teeth at him, "SHUT UP!" I shouted. 

   Roland pouted, "You made the baby downstairs cry." he whimpered at the baby's shouts. 

   I rolled my eyes and grabbed my jacket, heading outside. I winced when I passed Vincenzo rocking the child. Sebastian's eyes followed me in curiosity. I shook my head and walked to the nearest convenience store. I was pushed against the freezer by a man that looked like Vincenzo. I grinned and jokingly rested my head on his shoulder. "Valentino." I grinned.

   He bowed and stared at my belly. "Two weeks and you look pregnant as ever." he observed.

   I rolled my eyes, "That baby won't shut up, mine better be quiet." I said.

   He smirked, "I think you'll be a great mother, there won't be a dull day in that babe's life."

   I swallowed, "Judging by the angry looks the women give me, not everyone thinks so."

   He smiled, "Call me when the baby is born, I'll be there."

   I grabbed the box of donuts off the shelf, "Of course." I smiled softly.

~

   I absentmindedly stared at the scores of paintings on the wall. I ran my hand along the intricate borders of the frames. I let out awed gasps at the stunning colors and pigment. I stopped cold when Tala gripped my arm. "I came here to talk, sister, not admire drawings."

   I wrenched my hand from her grip. "So talk, Tala."

   She grinned and held out two cups, "A drink, then? Lemonade, of course." she smiled.

   I sighed and downed the cup of Lemonade. My stomach churned in protest. Tala watched me carefully. "Must be the pregnancy and cravings." she mused.

   I nodded and kept the drink down. She laced her thin hands together, "Have you thought about my offer?"

   I nodded and smiled, "Never." I replied sweetly. 

   She handed me a paper, "Of course, call me when you change your mind."

   I motioned to the door, "It's late, get out, Tala. Your Gamma may catch your scent."

   She glanced at a picture of him wistfully, "Wouldn't want that."

   As soon as she left, I ran to the bathroom, "Damn you." I muttered to my stomach.