11~To Love or To Not

My wolf ignored the witch and chased after her mate. She followed his scent and whined when she found him. She cautiously butted his leg with her head. My wolf stared up at him with hopeful amber eyes. He stood up from the tree and regarded her with careful eyes. "It was not me who mated with you, little wolf. It was my wolf. He loves you. It is I that loves Piper." 

   She whimpered and pushed his legs towards the pack house. He winced when her soft head touched him. He flexed his fingers and pulled them into a fist, as if fighting the urge to pet her, fighting the mate bond. I took control over her and shifted quickly. The harsh snow bit into my feet. I awkwardly covered my chest and looked at him in question. He already knew before I asked.

   He swallowed and sighed, "I can't love you." he snarled. "I can't love a mate who loved another man. I cannot love someone who didn't care enough about her mate to save herself for him."

   I closed my eyes, "When you close your eyes and when you open them, what is your last and first thought?"

   He ran a hand through his brown hair. "I think about whether I will live to see tomorrow."

   I felt my heart ache, "You know what I think about? You. Every day is always about you. When I go to sleep my last thought is you. When I wake up my first thought is you. Mates are supposed to love each other with everything they have. You are not capable of it."

   He looked at me with cold eyes, "I am the alpha of ShadowMoon. I am not some pampered esteemed guest. I am a prisoner of war, I am not free. If I take one step out of the territory they will kill Piper."

   I stumbled back in surprise. "Why do you care so much about Piper? You would risk your life so she can have her's?"

   He let out a growl that shook the trees. "It is not just her I need to think about anymore!" he snarled. "She is with child." Vincenzo crumbled to the ground. "My child, in her stomach, growing."

   I shook with pain, "You're a monster. You will not be with me because I made a mistake. You made the same one. At least I'm not pregnant." This alpha of the enemy pack, the pack who was planning war on us, had gotten Piper Pierce pregnant.

   "I didn't cheat on you! The day that I found out you were my mate and had no virtue I got drunk and fucked her senseless! When men are drunk, they tend not to think clearly! I made a mistake. But don't blame her," he snarled, "I wouldn't have loved a slut anyways." 

   I felt the tears gather in my eyes. "You're right. I don't deserve to be loved."

   I saw the hate in his eyes, and I knew

   I saw the hate in his eyes, and I knew. I would not have a mate, or a pup to call my own. I would claim no last name and have no home. My family had left me long before I had done anything wrong. My adopted family wished me gone. Perhaps my first mistake was being born. I dejectedly walked away without looking back. I was afraid what I'd see.

~

   The witch was still in the clearing. I studied her face more closely. Her pale skin worked well with her storm grey eyes. Her nails were painted a deep red, as was the color of her corset dress. She grinned, "Don't you just miss the old times? Ah, constricting corsets, revealing bodices." Her body was instantly enveloped in light purple smoke. The witch, Katerina, was now wearing a casual white tank top and jeans. 

   She looked at me sympathetically, "See, this is why I don't have a mate, and don't want to have one

   She looked at me sympathetically, "See, this is why I don't have a mate, and don't want to have one."

   I frowned, "It's my fault."

   She rolled her eyes and set off to the alpha's house. "I owe a debt to another alpha. He ordered me to go here to help your alpha with his issue." she kept walking. "ShadowMoon will not wait as their alpha is treated like some common wolf. In two weeks they are coming to destroy this pack and everyone in it."

   I looked up at her, "Am I supposed to go beg the esteemed alpha of those monsters for mercy? Am I to beg the pack that is rightfully mine not to slaughter me? If I die, I shall die in my home."

   She kept walking. "You have no home, wolf."

   I scoffed, "Wow tha-"

   Katerina was immediately pinned to a tree. Titus kissed the base of her throat and kept her pushed on the tree. I awkwardly turned away from them. Titus pulled away from her and kissed her full lips. "Mate." he growled roughly. He stroked her purple hair softly. "You smell nice." he murmured. "But not like a wolf."

   "That's because I'm a witch." she pushed her body away from him and shifted into her white wolf. Titus shifted into his brown wolf and laid flat on the ground, staring up at his newly found mate. His blue eyes followed her, as if expecting her to lovingly rub against him.

 Katerina huffed and stepped on his head before running in the direction of the pack house

 Katerina huffed and stepped on his head before running in the direction of the pack house. Titus abruptly stood up and went chasing after her with an angry snarl.

    I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself. It was as if my body was expecting to be cold, but I wasn't. In fact, my body was burning. The heat of my body melted the snow around me and I understood. Our wolves had mated, now the Moon Goddess was pushing the humans along. I was in heat.

A/N: Lowkey loving Katerina

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

P.S Almost 1k reads! Weeeee can do it!