Chapter Two

Rolling over, I groan as sun light streams in through the windows and I instantly realise that I'm all alone in the bedroom. My hand snakes out to touch Raven's side of the bed and it's cold. Hm.. I think to myself, he's been gone for a while.

Starting off the day with a shower, I then slowly get dressed, listening to the radio as a happy song comes on and I find myself smiling for no reason at all. Wow, I muse, Raven really has changed me for the better.

I glance at the time to see it's nearly twelve and when I go to check my phone, I see two new messages. Opening the first, I see it's from Ella telling me to not be late or she'll kick my gay ass and the second is from Raven, it makes me smile.

'Babe, I'm sorry you didn't get to wake up with me by your side today. 

I was already running late when I finally woke up after our shenanigans last night... ;)  

Wish I could of sat and watched you sleep some more, you look beautiful when you're asleep.  

See you later and have fun with Ella.  

Love R xx'

With a smile etched onto my face, I quickly shove on my shoes and lock up, bounding down the stone steps two at a time before getting into my black truck. I make it to the shopping centre five minutes early and Ella is standing there, looking gorgeous and proud as ever as she turns and sees me, a smile lighting up her face.

She runs over to me, her high heels clicking before she throws her arms around my neck and engulfs me in a hug, filling my nostrils with the sweet smell of flowers. We stand there, locked in an embrace as strangers pass us by, some glancing back to give us odd looks.

"It's good to see you too Ella."

I break away from the hug to shove my hands in my pockets, rummaging around and pulling out a pink jewellery box. Watching in amusement, Ella's eyes light up and she's practically bouncing up and down with her eyes flitting from the box to mine.

Chuckling, I hand it to her. "I know that it's someone's birthday today so this is from Raven and me."

She opens the box with fumbling fingers and grins as she takes out the charm bracelet we brought her last week. I help her put it on and as soon as its clasped securely round her slim wrist, she's hugging me again and I can't help but grin back at her.

"This is beautiful, thank you Drake. I'll be sure to shower Raven with thanks tonight."

Ella takes my hand without a second thought and begins dragging me into a girly looking clothes shop. "Yes, tonight. It's my party in town tonight, remember?"

Hm.. Raven never mentioned it to me.. I wonder why "Yeah, of course I remember! How could we forget!" I send her a wink and she giggles, flitting from one rack of clothes to another with me trailing behind her.

"What do you think of this?"

My eyes snap up to meet Ella's and my train of thought is shattered. She holds up a dark blue dress and I smile at her, nodding. She grins back at me and picks up a bunch of accessorises to go with the out fit and then eventually paying before we leave.

My feet ache from all the walking and I glance down at my phone to see that I've only got half an hour left with Ella. Wow, I think to myself, todays flown by. "Is it just going to be the family there?"

Ella smiles slightly before twirling her fingers through her hair, a sign that she's nervous. I frown, shifting closer to her as my eyes dart around the sea of strangers. "What's wrong?"

She looks up at me and lets out a nervous little laugh, grabbing my hand and making us walk forward. "There's going to be some of my friends and co-workers at the party as well... Drake, there's someone I should warn you about-"