The Queen and the Princess (Kylo Ren x Reader)

"Can you get up please, Y/N? We'll be late otherwise."

You groaned, pulling the covers up to your chin, "But I don't want to get up, I'm comfy here."

"I know that love, but if you don't get up in the next 5 minutes we'll miss the start of the meeting," Kylo said as he put his helmet on.

"It's your meeting, Kylo," you started, "Snoke hates me anyway," you mumbled.

You heard Kylo chuckle under his helmet as he removed it to kiss your forehead, "he doesn't hate you, love. No one could hate you."

"Hmm, he definitely doesn't approve of us though– and don't you try to deny it," you added as you saw him open his mouth, "the only reason he's not saying anything is because of the little one."

The little one. You were heavily pregnant with Kylo's son. So much so that you only had a week or so to go. There were no midwives on the base–First Order staff don't tend to get pregnant on the job– and so Kylo had compiled a team of the finest medics in the galaxy and had had them visit you on the base fortnightly ever since you had told him you were pregnant all those months ago.

You next scheduled visit was for the birth itself, the staff would arrive a few days before the due date to be sure that they would be there. In fact, they would be arriving any day now.

But Kylo wasn't taking any chances.

Ever since one midwife had uttered that the baby was eager to get out, Kylo had insisted on taking you everywhere with him.

And he meant everywhere. Nevermind that you were carrying his 9 month old unborn son, and cringed at the thought of putting all that pressure on your legs and back while following Kylo around all day. He had to have you with him at all times, just in case the baby decided to come early.

You knew he just wanted to make sure you were safe, so you tried not to complain.

"You're under my protection, Y/N. He wouldn't think of touching you– or this one," he gently stroked your stomach, "Speaking of, what do you think of the name Snoke? For the baby, I mean."

You shot out of the bed in an instant and hit Kylo lightly on the shoulder, "You can not be serious!"

His face erupted into a wide grin, "'Course not, love. I just needed you to get out bed."

You scowled when you realised what he had done and sighed, "Well, it'll be just as much effort trying to get back down on the bed as it will be to change my clothes," you said as you moved towards the closet.

"Who else is going to be at the stupid meeting anyway?" You called out as you got dressed.

"Just us and Snoke... a few of the Knights too. Oh, and Hux."

You cursed at that last name and Kylo laughed, "My thoughts exactly."

"Kylo, I don't know if exposing the baby to all those men– especially that damn Hux– is a good idea. Maybe I better stay here..."

Kylo smiled, reaching out to place his hands on your cheeks, "Nice try, Y/N, but you two," he knelt down to kiss your stomach softly, "Are not leaving my sight."

You stroked Kylo's hair as he stayed with his head pressed lightly against your tummy, both of you smiling at the fleetingly peaceful moment.

Kylo cleared his throat, standing up, "We really do need to get going, Y/N, I'm sorry."

You sighed, "Fine, fine. Let's get this over with."

...

"...And you thought it wise to bring the woman, Ren?" Hux sneered as Kylo helped you sit down at the table.