Keeping Promises (Poe Dameron x Reader)

"Hmmm, do you have to go Poe?" You yawned, rolling over in the bed to face him.

He laughed, "you know I have to, sweetheart," he stroked your hair gently.

You frowned at him, "you better take care of yourself out there, Dameron."
He moved closer to you, kissing you on the forehead, "I promise."

...

"Captured?!" You exclaimed at the droid, who had just informed you that Poe Dameron had been captured by the First Order.

Panic set in and your heart rate quickened as you paced up and down the hallway.

You could feel the tears begin to well up in your eyes and you excused yourself before running to your room.

You flung yourself onto your bed, finally giving in to the tears. What if he was hurt? Was he even alive?

Scenario after scenario ran through your mind as you imagined what could be happening to him, what those monsters were doing to him at this very moment.

The sadness engulfed you and you felt your eyes growing heavy. You let the sleep come...

...

"Honey, I'm home," A familiar voice woke you up from your deep sleep.

How many days had you been cooped up in here? It had to have been at least a week. You opened your eyes, groaning.

"Not now, Poe I'm sleeping," you mumbled into your pillow, closing your eyes again.

A wave of realisation hit you and you shot up, shouting, "Poe? Poe!"

You saw him standing at the door and you ran out of the bed and leaped into his arms.

He enveloped his arms around you, lifting you up and turning you excitedly.

He set you down and you put your arms around his neck excitedly, "am I dreaming?"

"Fortunately for you, Y/N, you're not," he ducked his head, kissing you softly.

Tears began to brim in your eyes again, Poe noticed and wiped them away with his thumb.

"I thought something had happened to you, Poe. I thought that maybe you–"

"Hey, hey, hey, Y/N, let's not dwell on that okay?" He could see the pained look on your face, and put his hand to your cheek gently circling his thumb.

Poe took your hand in his spare one and led you to your bed. He sat down, back against the headrest, opening his arms and gesturing towards you. You happily obliged, resting in his embrace.

He put his chin on the top of your head, holding his arms over yours.

"Tell me about it," you said, kissing him arm lightly.

He proceeded to explain how he had been captured to have information extracted from him– though he very swiftly spared the details of his torture, Poe thought you would be better off not knowing about that detail– and how Finn, his new friend and ex-Storm Trooper had helped him escape.

"That's my Poe, flying his way out of trouble every time," you laughed. You felt the chuckle in his chest reverberate through your back and smiled.

You moved over to the empty side of the bed, lying on your side to match Poe, who had also shifted. You lay face to face.

He kissed you softly on your nose, "You have no idea how much I missed this, sweetheart."

You smiled up at him, giving him a quick kiss, "I'm so glad you're back Poe, I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you."

"I made a promise to you that I would come back, Y/N. Poe Dameron keeps his promises– especially to the love of his life," he grinned before putting his hands around your neck and kissing you tightly.
---------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! Feel free to vote, comment and follow if you enjoyed it and want more!

Visit fandomsloveimagines.tumblr.com for even more Star Wars goodness!