Deadly Stranger (Ch.10)

Lenore POV:

"V-Vlad?" I murmured hoping he was still in the room. I still laid on the bed unable to move.

I sighed.

I moved my pink wavy mess from my face.

I closed my eyes until I heard the door knock followed by a creak.

"Mistress, I have come here to change your bandages." Angelica said as she peeked into the room.

My back was turned as I couldn't really move since I felt paralyzed from all the scratches and bites 'they' left.

"Okay thank you Angelica" I said softly.

She carefully ran to my side and helped me sit up.

I was unaware that a white silk robe was covering my naked body.

The soft material was so nice on my injured skin.

I ran my fingers down the fabric, so soft! I nuzzled my head on it.

I then stared out the massive window next to my bed. The moon was shinning through my bedroom.

A sudden realization came to thought..

How long was I out for...?

"Angelica, would you happen to know how long I was out?" I asked while still keeping my eyes on the moon.

Angelica carefully takes off my robe and lets it drop to my waist. She starts taking the bandages off with care and then answers.

"I believe a week, my lady" she responds and then continues taking off the rest of the bandages.

I sigh.

I hope Vlad made them pay.

I clutched my fists.

How dare they gang up on me like that. Wait till I get my hands on those...

I wasn't one to let anything slide.

Not anymore.

"All done Mistress!" Angelica exclaimed as she helped me put my silk robe back on before I could get any madder.

"I forgot to tell you Mistress, the Count wishes to see you in his study." She spoke softly now avoiding my eyes.

It seemed everyone in the staff was afraid of Vlad as if he were a sort of malicious being. I've only seen that side of him briefly.

Thankfully...

Keeping on the same subject, I'm not sure what to feel about him...

I feel like he is just using me...

I mean, yeah he did save me a couple of times, but I did not need his help.

I don't want to be seen as weak nor used as a puppet.

I grinded my teeth together.