Chapter 14 - Legal games

Next I called on the possession of Detective Brown and had him phone Sergeant Jones.

"Sergeant I need you to come into the station!" I had him say in a serious voice.

"What for, I told you I'm off sick?"

"The evidence for Cherry Razor's case has gone missing and I need you to make a statement so that we can keep her in custody."

"What!? Evidence doesn't just go missing!"

"Yea that's what I said, listen would you just come in quickly and get it done for me please?"

"Sure, I'll be there in fifteen minutes, but you'd better keep your distance from me I'm probably contagious" the officer sneezed down the phone line.

"Thanks, bye." I had no trouble controlling the Detective to do this because it was in line with what he needed anyhow. I felt bad for forcing the man to come into work on his sick day but I hadn't committed those murders and needed to be past this so I could get back to work with my kids.

Alicia began giving me awkward sideways glances while I was using the possession of the others I was linked to, so I became conscious that I must be exhibiting the same glazed eyes as I had seen in Marg when Julia was possessing her. Alicia mostly avoided eye contact with me when I shot her a reproachful stare and she started talking to Therese. I didn't want to have to add Alicia to my hoard of possessions because I didn't like my head being so crowded it was a very busy feeling.

Soon I saw through the Detective's eyes that Sergeant Jones had arrived. I arranged for Sergeant Jones to call me out for questioning, which turned out to be easy to convince him because he the Detective spoke with him about needing a couple of points of evidence clarified before they would have enough information to keep me incarcerated. Sergeant Jones cames to the cell with the Detective and they carefully led me to the questioning room. I managed to work my way alongside Sergeant Jones and bumped into him to make skin to skin contact. I gathered up a portion of my essence and drove it into him, but I was hit with the same resistance I had experienced at Sun Business Solutions when I tried to possess Marg after Julia already had done so. Then I heard Julia through a telepathic link.

You again! Won't you stay down already!

Sergeant Jones clutched at his head and the Detective instinctively pulled me away from him thinking I had bumped into him and hurt him.

You need to stop trying to do me in. I'm not Cherry and I haven't done anything wrong! I said.

Whatever! Good luck getting out of this one!

Then I felt an immense shove as my essence must have somehow been ejected from Sergeant Jones and thrown back into me. Julia was turning out to be a formidable foe and now I didn't know how I was going to get through this.

"Miss Razor please take a seat. We are just formalising your confession before the transport truck comes to take you to prison" said the Detective.

"I haven't done anything wrong. I've not made a confession. Whatever you have is a forgery!" I protested.

"Miss Razor I have seen the confession and it is written in your handwriting." said Sergeant Jones. I was stunned to see that when the officer spoke he covered his mouth, held very still, spoke hesitantly and he looked up and to the right. I knew that these were all tells for somebody who is lying.

"But there is something wrong with it isn't there officer, that's why you're lying to me." He looked stunned.

"Miss Razor I am sick with the flu, I just want to go home. Please just make your statement on the tape and then we can all move on to the next step."

A Man in a Woman's Body:  The Story of a Habentem #Wattys2016 #JustWriteItजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें