Chapter 7 - The Nanny

The next step in my plan was to get the book home and figure out if I could properly do the partial possession without permission trick so that I could have my kids Nanny make mistakes and be forced to lose her job. It was going to be difficult to approach the new Nanny without drawing too much attention to the fact that Cherry was also wanting the job. Especially since Cherry's car isn't exactly subtle and neither is Cherry's appearance. I got home to Cherry's house and went up to her room to find something a bit more discreet. I noticed that some of Cherry's lipstick was smudged and thought that that must be why Julia at the office was looking at me up and down when I first came in. I struggled with figuring out how to use face cleansers and lipstick to repair the damage. I decided on a red oversize jumper and black jeans so that I could go to the door of my ex-wife's house and meet the Nanny. I was hard pressed to find anything in Cherry's wardrobe that wasn't red or black. Soon I was parked around the corner from my ex-wife's house and then I was knocking at the front door.

"Hello. I'm terribly sorry to trouble you but my car has broken down and my phone is flat, would I please be able to use your phone?" I said. She was an older woman who looked like she should have already retired.

"Ah yea sure. Wait right there." she wasn't opening the locked screen door. That was going to make it hard. I needed physical contact to make the partial possession jump.

"Here you are" she was opening the screen door and only putting her hand out with the phone. I pretended to slip over and grabbed her hand as I fell forward. She came to the ground with me on the other side of the door. As we fell I pushed half of my essence together into a bundle and then let that half of it push out through my hand into her and up her arm and into her head. The burning sulphur smell and the popping sound I had experienced previously repeated.

"I'm sorry I slipped" I said in a blatant lie.

"You should be more careful pulling an old lady over can do a lot of harm you know" she said as she staggered up to her feet looking very concerned for her own welfare. Only I had felt it when she thought about what she was going to say and I had heard her thoughts say you stupid bitch. So now I tried out my connection.

"You stupid bitch" came right out of her mouth. She gasped and put her hand up to her mouth and looked shocked that she had said that. I had made her do it.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I would never normally say that, I don't know what's come over me!" I grinned as she visibly squirmed over what she had just done.

"Nanny C, who's there?" it was my son Max walking up the hallway behind the old lady. It was so good to see him, but he looked sad like he had been crying.

"Oh what a cute boy you have there" I said.

"Yes thank you, they've just lost their father though, so I'd best get back inside and be with them." retorted Nanny C.

"Yes of course, I'll make the call" I picked up the phone from where it had fallen and dialled a random eight digit number.

"Yes hello, it's me, the car's broken down again, can you please come and meet me in Summerset Place, it's a cul-de-sac off Grosvenor St, okay thanks" the person on the other end of the line was saying they didn't know who I was and that they were sorry they couldn't help me. But Nanny C didn't know that, so I hung up the phone and handed it back.

"Well thanks for that, bye now." I could see through her eyes and mine and it was the strangest feeling to have so much going on in my head. I could hear her thinking will you just go away. I walked back around the corner to sit in Cherry's car and was delighted to see through Nanny C's eyes that she was returning to the living room where my kids were.