Capter 1

Clary's POV

Today is mine and Jace's anniversary, I was on my way up to his room in the institute to surprise him. I reach his door and was about to open when I heard moans coming from inside. I opened the door to see Jace half naked in bed with some other girl. I swung the door open and he turned around with a look of pure shock on his face.

"Clary...I..I..can explain." Jace stuttered.

"Explain what, that you cheated on me when it's our anniversary. You know what Jace, you were right To love is to destroy. And you've destroyed my heart. Have a nice life."

I slammed the door, ran to my room and locked myself in. I put a rune on the door so someone could only come if I asked, but I wasn't going to be here long. I grabbed a duffle bag and started putting all the stuff I was going to need in. My stele, a couple seraph blades, my gear, a picture of my mum and Luke.

I heard Jace banging and screaming my name through the door, but I didn't listen. I don't want to see him again, and that's why I'm leaving. "What's with the banging?" I heard Alec's voice on the other side of the door.

"Clary let me in?" Alec asked. I walked to the door stuck my hand through and pulled Alec through.

"First, wow that was cool. Second, what the hell happened and why is Jace not aloud in?" As soon as he finished i ran straight to him and hugged him. He was surprised but he hugged back.

Me and Alec had gotten closer over the years and had become really good friends. Now Jace has ruined that. "Tell me what happened?"

"He cheated on me Alec. He cheated on me on our anniversary." I started crying and Alec pulled me into another hug.

"I can't believe he would do that. I'll talk to him"

"Don't, I don't want to see him again. Goodbye Alec." I drew a rune on the floor which made an invisible barrier between me and Alec. I turned to the wall and drew a portal, I took one last look at the life I was leaving behind and jumped through.

Jace's POV

It has been ten minutes since Alec was pulled through the door by Clary. I'm such an idiot. I've lost the best thing that has ever happened to me, the only person who could break down my emotionless barrier. The door opened and I saw Alec come out. "You are a complete and absolutely arsehole. We have just become great friends and now because of you I won't see her again."

"What do you mean not see her again?" I'm afraid of the answer.

"She left Jace. It's your anniversary and you cheat on her, I hope you never meet someone like her again because she was unique. She was the best thing that ever happened to you and you lost her. I actually thought you changed when she came into your life, but turns out your still that self-centered, sarcastic dick you were."

"Alec I'm sorry."

"It's to late for apologies, how do you think Jocelyn and Luke are going to feel, Simon her best friend. Her and Izzy were about to become Parabatai. She is never going to forgive you, and neither am I" Alec just walked off.

I deserved it, it's all my fault. I've lost the most important person in my life. And I'm never going to get a girl like her again.

I walked into the library to see Izzy, Simon, Jocelyn, Luke, Alec, Magnus and Maryse are all in library staring at me as soon as walk in. "Jace, tell them what you did" Alec was really pissed at me as he was giving me death glares as he spoke.

"Clary left because of me" everyone was shocked. Izzy buried herself into Simon's shoulder.

"Why, what did you do?" This came from Luke, he had his arm around Jocelyn who was almost about to cry.

"I..I..I cheated on her." Everyone's eyes went to me, a few jaws fell.

"You did what. Jace I'm not going to see her again cause if you, we were just about to become Parabatai and now that's not going to happen cause of you." Izzy walked straight to me. "You are never, NEVER going meet a girl better than her." Then she slapped me and walked out. I knew I deserved it.

"I don't know where my daughter is, or if she is ok cause you cheated on her. On your anniversary as well. Jace you are an inconsiderate person and I hope you never feel the love she gave you again." Jocelyn and Luke walked out.

"Never talk to me again Jace. She was my best friend and now I've lost her" Simon walked past me probably going to check on Izzy.

"Jace, this is just unforgivable. I hope you never find love again." Magnus finished and both him and Alec walked out.

"Jace, I thought she changed you, you became a better person because of Clary. But you're still the emotionless boy you always were" Maryse finished and left.

I was left alone. I sunk to the ground and put my head in my hands. I've lost her and not getting her back.