Chapter:2

So here's another update. The updates will be slow as the book needs some recognition. I hope you guys understand. Sorry and love you all.

Enjoy.

(Zarin's POV)

It was going to be my first day working as a maid. It felt weird. I have studied so hard all my life to become a maid? But I had to do this so that I can study further. I know I shouldn't be complaining. They will pay me for this, and it is like all other jobs. You do the work and get paid for it. That's what I need to do. I tried convincing myself.

I straightened my pink churidar Salwar kameez and combed my long hair, which was still damp from the shower. My hair came down to my hips, so combing it was a big deal too. Suddenly, my gaze fell on the reflection of time on the mirror. It was 6:45 if I saw correctly, I turned around immediately and found it to be actually 6:45. I had 15 minutes to reach the mansion. I was screwed I thought. It was my first day at work, and I didn't want to be late at any cost. I grabbed my bag from the dressing table and rushed as fast as I can.

I thought of taking a taxi today, because if I was to be walking today, there was no way I was going to make it there before 7.

Luckily, I found one of my dad's friend, who was also a taxi driver. Rahim chacha, I have seen him from my childhood. He and dad has been friends for years and he thought me not less than his own daughter.

"Chacha." I called him raising my hand.

"Zarin." I ran to him as he called my name.

"Chacha, will you drop me to the master's mansion. I was supposed to work there in replacement of mom but I think I am going to be late now."

"Calm down Mai calm down. Sit, I am taking you to the mansion." I gave him a smile and quickly opened the door of his taxi. After settling myself, Rahim chacha took his seat and started the engine.

We reached there within ten minutes. When the taxi stopped in front of the large mansion gate, I sighed with relief. I quickly got out of the car, in hope that, I don't have to be late in the first day of my work. But then I was so wrong.

The guards on the gate stopped me and started asking thousands of questions. They didn't believe that I was Amina's daughter. They said that I didn't look like her at all and what not. As if that even mattered? I never liked it when people told me those kind of stuff. I was their daughter and I loved them a lot. I had to hear this often though because there was virtually not a single resemblance between me and my mother and father. I once asked mom why people asked me those questions. I still remember the exact words that she told me. 'Don't bother what people tell you there job is to talk. You are my daughter and never ask this question again or else you mother will be very hurt. Promise?' After that day I promised her and never asked the same question again.

One of the guards wanted to check my bag and the other wanted me to show proof that I was Amina's daughter. I thought I would go crazy at a point. I was a very calm person but now I thought I was loosing it. I was getting angry. I could bear everything but not someone telling me that I was not my parent's daughter. I thought I should speak up if not now then never. I was a grown up and I needed to learn how to stand for myself. I squared my shoulder and looked in the eyes of the guards.

"Look mister I am here for work. If you want you can keep my bag with you but I need to go in. The small master has a meeting at 7:30 and I need to give him the tea at 7." I said with a huff bringing my finger down, which I realised was raised and pointed towards them.

"Yes, she is right. The small master do have to go to a meeting at 7:30. That's why I am here so early." The driver behind the gate came and said, who was watching our drama all these time.