Chapter:1

'The story of a devastated billionaire who starts believing in love because of a girl with a mysterious past.'

(Duke's POV)

I rested my head against one of the couches, as I saw my friends jump in the swimming pool full of girls. They insisted for me to jump too but I felt the alcohol consumed me more than I have consumed it. My head was throbbing at the loud music, that the exclusive DJ for my party was playing.

People splashed water on each other and danced as the DJ got crazier, and increased the volume even more. Now I could also feel the couch vibrate behind my body.

I thought of getting out of the party but again it was my party, I was the host how can I leave when everyone just started having fun. My room was just a few miles away from me, I just needed to walk and thump myself on the bed.

I messaged my head somehow trying to resolve the pain. I felt like puking. It was not like I was drunk for the first time. Nevertheless it was my common story. Get into a fight with dad and then get drunk. I don't even understand why he bothers to talk to me. All he talks about is business with me, for that he could tell his secretary to talk to me too right? Why just he bothers to?

I opened my eyes which I didn't know was closed, as a wet body landed beside me.

"What are you doing here duke?" She asked placing her hand on my lap. Aisha, she was my girlfriend. My consistent girlfriend who didn't even bother if I flirt with someone else besides her. I don't think she will even confront me once if I kissed someone in front of her. All she cared was me being her boyfriend. I didn't expect anything else different from her either. We both needed tags so we were perfect for each other.

I didn't believe in a man living his entire life with a single woman or vice versa and the living example of that stood my parents. For me, 'one-man women' or 'one-woman man' have never existed and it never will.

When I was a child I blamed my parents for not staying together. But then when I grew up I soon realized it was impossible to live your entire life with only one person. For me, it was even impossible for a week.

Once I know a girl for a week, I loathe the women community even more. They are money launders and gold diggers. If you have a nice body they are more excited than you on the bed. That's all they want and vice verse.

I glanced by my side, Aisha was not there she was back into the pool, in the arms of my best friend. Did it matter to me? No! I didn't give a damn about her. As she didn't give a damn about me. It was from both sides so fair enough.

"Baba." The voice of my old home maid, Amina made me look at her. I signed the DJ to decrease the volume with my hand and he did it immediately.

Amina was the chief maid of the mansion and was there in the house ever since I could remember. She meant more than a mother to me. She was there when mom and dad fought, and then separated. She witnessed everything. She used to sing a lullaby to force me to sleep when the fights between my parents went to the extremities. I would cocoon in her arms, as the shattering of the glasses used to pierce my ears. I would shake with fear because of their raised voices, and she would hold me close to her chest and comfort me.

Mom left. A tear escaped my eyes at the thought of it. Amina's face clicks back all my past memories and gets me to weaken even more when I am drunk. But she was the only person in my life who genuinely cared for me, I could not get rid of her.

"Yes, Khala." I said wiping the single tear drop with my thumb.

"I am leaving, and I might not come for a week. I told you about selling my land in the village right."