A Normal Day™

Siinge up top^     

After saying my farewells to Mazu and Ceto I stayed at the clearing to further bond with Siinge. She and I swam up to the surface and I grimaced at the sky it must be past 11:00 by now. I groaned remembering I have work tomorrow. At least the stars were out it was very beautiful. I swam back down with Siinge. 'Will you swim us to shore I want to see how well you are with speed so I know where to start training.'

       I heard her snort and she spoke to me for the first time 'Yes but what is your name?' Her voice was low and velvety. 'I am Pearl.' She made a noise in her throat and lowered herself in a gesture to let me on. I hooked my hands on her back fin and told her to head west.

Sin was an amazing swimmer. I was having trouble staying awake I kept nodding off and jerking up. Siinge was a fast swimmer but Nova was a thirty minute swim from the clearing at this pace. And Nova was another thirty minutes from Tampa bay. We have to get to shore so she can change into a puppy or something because I can't teleport a 20 ft tall monster into my home without breaking some stuff.

I was leaning very heavily against her without thought. I felt myself growing drowsy. I was blinking a lot to stay awake but each time I closed my eyes it became harder and harder to open them. My hand must have slipped because I was sinking. Someone was trying to say something to me in the web. My eyes just will not open I am blissfully comfortable in the water this way.

I was getting close to the sea floor I could feel it. I must have landed an a bed of kelp because it was soft and smooth to the touch. Also warm very warm I wasn't cold but the warmth felt good. I moved closer to the warmth snuggling in to it. Then I was shook very roughly. My eyes popped open by their own accord and I found myself staring into the eyes of a very disgruntled merman. With pretty green eyes.

Not going to lie here, this guy is hot. He's got some muscles but he's not buff. I know Ive been staring at him for a solid minute without saying anything but its not creepy Im just taking my time admiring his body. Whoever he is has a copper red tail and dark hair He waved his hand in front of my face 'Excuse me miss but are you alright?' He said in the web and all the little fish around us jerked and swam away.

      I blinked at him. 'Miss? does he know me or something?' He sat patiently looking very proper. I found Sin in the web and told her to get to shore as fast as she can and Ill meet her there. This guy must be young. He doesn't seem to understand how to fully use web yet.

       I made sure I still had my bubble on my waist and got ready to teleport out of here. 'If you need somewhere to stay until that monster that was keeping you is gone you can stay where I live.' I snorted I sometimes forget that Ceto is not permitted to make monsters in cities like this because they're "troublesome" ah my friends    

'Thanks but I gotta get back to my apartment. But maybe I'll see you on my next visit to Nova.' He seemed confused by what I said and I rolled my eyes as I turned around. 'Wait! Do you really live on land?' He said and the few creatures that were still around dispersed again. I tried to count to ten and and calm down but Sin is probably almost to shore so I just teleported away from him to the desolate beach I was at earlier. Just barely hearing him web me 'My name is Christian by the way.'

I sat for ten more minutes before I saw Siinge wading in the Shallows and she turned into a large crow and cawed at me before settling her talons on my shoulder comfortably. I found a spot in the shadows and returned us to my apartment.

Siinge became human and I barely noticed what she looked like. I just put her in the guest room with some clothes, good night. I made it to my room and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.