"It's that woman, Jules. She had a run-in with Damon." Stefan frowned. I took in a sharp breath at his name. Stefan noticed and gently placed his hand to my shoulder in comfort.

"Tyler was so upset." Caroline's gaze fell to the ground, "The look on his face, he was so betrayed."

"Wow, this is bad." Stefan exhaled.

Caroline's head quickly shot up to him, "You're not gonna tell Damon, are you?"

"No." Stefan reassured her, "He already wants to kill him. He thinks all werewolves should die, and he's not wrong to think that, Caroline. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to. He could get himself killed."

"Well, we're not gonna let that happen." I told them.

"We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid." Caroline said, "You have to talk to him. Just try to explain, you know? You two always know the right things to say, okay? He and I... we're friends."

"We'll sort this out, Caroline." I replied and she nodded in response.

"It's best if I talk to Tyler alone, he doesn't know about you yet, Cassie, let's keep it that way." Stefan said.

I agreed, "I'll go to the memorial, the whole town is bound to be there, including John. I'll see if I can find anything out."

▂▂▂▂

I was leaning against a tree a few metres away from a small memorial stage that had rows of white chairs laid out before it. People were either walking around or sitting whilst paying their respects to the dead of the town. I spotted Carol Lockwood and John Gilbert talking.

"It's good to have you back, John." Carol said to him, "We could really use you."

"And the Council? What are they doing?" John asked.

"Damon Salvatore is leading the Council now. Talk to him. Excuse me." Carol said before turning to face a woman and walking away with her.

I was about to walk up to John but Jeremy was heading by him which caused John to abruptly grab Jeremy's arm, so I stopped, "Jeremy, there you are."

"Looks like I slept through the homecoming." Jeremy pulled his arm out of John's grasp.

"You didn't miss much." John told him, "Let's say that no one's happy to see me would be an understatement."

"Look, things are different now. You can't come around and start up with all this anti-vampire stuff." Jeremy said.

"I have no intention of doing that." John glanced down to Jeremy's hand, "How's that ring been treating you?"

"Look, if this is what you came for, just take it and go." Jeremy slid the ring from his finger and held it infront of John.

John shook his head at the teen, "What kind of a man would I be if I took that from you? You want to go grab some lunch?"

"I think I'll pass." Jeremy scowled.

John glanced down again in annoyance before he scurried away. I walked towards Jeremy, who smiled when he saw me.