Chapter Twelve: Relaxation

(Katniss's POV)

I open my eyes to hear the shower running. Obviously Peeta.

I look towards little Belle who is still sound asleep in her crib.

She looks so peaceful, probably the most peaceful I have ever seen her.

The water turns off and Peeta exits the bathroom a couple seconds later with a towel wrapped around his waist. "The shower's yours if you want it."

I nod. "Peeta, aren't we supposed to go with Haymitch and Effie today to practice for tomorrow?"

He shakes my head. "An Avox came in just before I went in the shower with a message that said that they think we will be able to handle ourselves properly during the interviews, so we have the day off."

I smile. "That's great. What do you want to do?"

"Maybe have a picnic on the roof, just the three of us?" Peeta suggests, plopping down on the bed beside me.

I again nod. "That sounds great."

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

We order a bunch of food and go up to the roof with me carrying the baby and Peeta obviously bearing everything else.

We go to the garden and Peeta lays out the blanket before we sit down.

"Hopefully they're not watching us," I whisper into his ear, gesturing to Belle with my head.

"Man, I hope not. That would spoil all the fun," Peeta says, leaning over and giving me a kiss.

"I love you," I say and he chuckles, shaking his head at me, probably making fun of my expression.

"I love you too," Peeta says and presses another kiss to my lips, which makes Belle begin to fuss as she lays on my chest, beating my stomach with her tiny fist before falling back to sleep again.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Baby Belle wakes up, waking Peeta and I as well.

The sun is just setting, so I stand, holding my daughter in my arms, and go over to the edge of the roof, showing the little baby the beautiful sight while beginning to sing to her, Peeta joining in almost immediately.

Afterwards, Belle blinks up at us with those blue eyes inherited from her father and her tiny face slowly breaks into a wide smile, making the both of us smile in turn.

"We love you, baby Belle," Peeta says and presses a kiss to the top of her small, dark-haired head.

I turn towards him, though I don't want to look away from the sunset. "I love you."

"I love you too," Peeta says and leans over and kisses me.

"Forever?"

"And ever."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

It's been a while my friends! Yes, this was a short chapter, but I'm very tired and I have to cheer tomorrow

It's been a while my friends! Yes, this was a short chapter, but I'm very tired and I have to cheer tomorrow. 😂

If you were wondering, the title of the enclosed song is Total Eclipse of the Heart and it's by Bonnie Tyler.

I love all the support this story is getting from you guys!! It makes a little introvert like me very very happy.

So goodnight or afternoon or morning to you all!

I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night.