Chapter 20

Did Jeydon even ever love me?

The next day at school was strange. Gage kept bothering me. But Danica would always butt in, at the end of the day, she went home and I walked home – I had a lot to think about.

Gage stalked me home.

“Don’t you know when to leave somebody alone?” I asked, turning around – once we got to my house.
“Not when they’re this hot.” He got close to me and kissed me.
I tried pushing him away, but I lost myself in it.
Part of me wanted this kiss, to forget about everything… But another part of me thought this was poison.
When Gage pulled away, he caressed my cheek.
I stared at the ground; I wanted Jeydon to be the one holding me – not Gage.
Gage started kissing down my neck, going down to my chest – when I pushed him away, he asked if we could go inside and he pulled my body basically into his.
I started crying and then he let me go and called me ‘Pathetic’ and walked away.
He was the pathetic one, chasing after someone who didn’t want him.
My stomach was still tired up in nervous knots. I didn’t understand it.

My mom came out and saw me sitting on the ground in the yard. “Laci… Are you okay?” She helped me stand up.
I nodded.
She noticed the hicky on my neck. “Who the hell did that to you?” She asked, she sounded angry.
“This boy named Gage, I tried pushing him off of me… But he wouldn’t go away.” Like Aiden and Brandon.
I think I really need some self-defense classes, huh?
“Ah… I see.” We walked inside together.
“How’s Jacee?”
“Abby said she’s alright… Laci, you should get dressed I’m setting you up on a blind date.” My mom blurted out.
“A blind date?” I raised my eyebrows. “With who?”
“Some lovely boy named Jack… His family owns a local business and sold some websites… Anyways.” She took a deep breath. “There filthy rich and their son thinks you’re hot.”
“…Does he know about my situation?”
“Are you talking about Jacee? Then yeah.”
“Oh… Well, then I’ll go get ready.” I wonder who this Jack guy is.

When getting ready, I noticed how late I am for m period. It’s been a week and a month since my last one. I don’t know why… But, I did sleep with Jeydon…
Could I be pregnant again? If I am, I’m going to freak out…
Jeydon isn’t with me.
I put my hand on my belly, is it possible to get pregnant this soon after you gave birth?
My mom knocked on the door. “Laci, are you done?”
I quickly slipped on a black mini dress and a pair of heals, then stepped out. “Yeah mom, I’m ready.”
“Good because, Jack is waiting for you downstairs.”
“He is?” My eyes were wide. “Is he cute?”
My mom laughed. “Just go say hello to him.”
I giggled, “okay.”
Going downstairs, to the bottom of the stairs. Their Jack stood, he had a buzz-styled haircut and a natural tan and cute brown eyes.
“Hey your Laci?” He had a smile on his face.
“Yeah… and your Jack?” I should really take a pregnancy test soon. I don’t want to lead Jack on… And then have to leave him because of Jeydon’s baby… Unless maybe he would be okay with raising Jacee and this baby with me?
Jack led us outside and to his car, once in his car he drove away.
“Are you really okay with me having a child?” I asked him as he switched through radio stations.
“To be honest, not really… My parent’s made me go on this date.” He shrugged.
I looked down my mom lied. “I don’t want to go on a date either.”
“Well, where do you want to go?”
“To the store… or a gas station.”
“Why?”
“Please don’t make me answer that.”
“Whatever.” He sighed.
Jack drove me to the local gas station.
“Stay here.” I got out of the car and bought a pregnancy test.
I took the test in the bathroom, waited a few minutes and threw it in the trash – after seeing the result.
I walked back to Jack’s car.
“Do you want to go somewhere else?” He raised his eyebrows.
I nodded. “Would you be up for a road trip?”