Chapter Six

Dear Diary,

I’ve come to a conclusion that I’m in love with Jeydon, but I just can’t bring myself to tell him. He deserves better than me.

Sincerely,

Laci Lynn René.

Jeydon came over, after he called me he told me he had someone he wanted me to meet, I’m guessing a friend of his.

When he came over I hugged him, and noticed a pretty blonde girl standing behind her, her face expressionless.

Who was she?

Was she who he wanted me to meet?

“U-um… Jeydon?” I pushed away from his hug, “Whose she?” I asked, pointing to the girl.

“She’s my new girlfriend, Ariana. I called you earlier because I wanted you to meet her. I mean, you are my best friend. How can my best friend not meet my girlfriend?” He smiled.

Oh that’s simple, because you’re best friend is in love with you.  “Ah. Well, I’m Laci.” I nodded with a smile to Ariana.

My tummy ached.

“Nice to meet you, Laci.” She showed a smile with all of her teeth.

I hope she makes you happy, Jeydon…

Jeydon caught my down expression, “is something wrong?”

“N-no… I just… remembered I have things to do.” I lied.

Jeydon and Ariana both said goodbye and left.

“Who was that?” Stella asked walking into the room.

My knees were shaky when I turned to face Stella, “J-Jeydon and his new girlfriend.” I looked down to hide my face.

“Oh…” Her tone lowered. “Laci, I’m so sorry.”

I sighed and looked up, I will not cry. “It’s fine, I wish for his happiness.” I smiled.

It took all of my strength to do and say that.

Stella smiled, “It’s good you’re good with it, Laci. Anyways, I’ve been meaning to go to the store to shop for dinner – since I should be preparing it shortly… Um… Would you go for me? I have my hands all tied up with work right now.”

“Sure.” That was meaning, she wanted me to walk there – which was fine we lived within a 3 block radius of the local grocery store.

After that Stella gave me a twenty and I walked to the store, it was already sunset out.

I bought, Mac and cheese, stuff to make salad, and chicken. When it became time to walk home, it was dark.

I tripped on something, on an empty street; it made me fall on my butt.

Then a girl walked in front of me, it was Ariana. She had a smirk on her face.

“You know, whore, you made my brother go to jail… Well, maybe not you but you’re friend Jeydon did. It’s all your fault, though, stupid whore. It’s too bad I’m going to tell Jeydon something bad about you; so you’ll have nobody.” She still had a stupid smirk.

I looked down, Aiden was in jail… Why was I just now hearing about this?

“Look at me, stupid!” She slapped me.

I looked up to see her; would Jeydon really leave me for her?

“Ariana need help?” Two bulky guys walked up behind her.

I recognized them; they were friends of Aiden’s.

“Wh-what do you want?” I backed up and bumped into two other guys who were behind me.

“I want you and the baby dead, you both sicken me.” She snapped her fingers and mumbled stuff.

And four guys ganged up on me… with no one to save me and being weak… I wrapped my arms around my belly and drifted into the darkness as they beat me up…

Is it impossible for me to have this baby?

People keep trying to stop me… or trying to… Should I really just give up?

I woke up in pain in the hospital – I could tell by the smell. I heard crying next to my bed, I fluttered my eyes open to see Stella, who was at my side in tears.

My tummy ached and I grabbed it, something nudged.

Thank God. I closed my eyes again and fell back asleep…

Jeydon kissed me awake and I wrapped my arms around him.

“Laci, I love you.” He smiled at me looking into my eyes.

That’s unbelievable. Since when? “I love you too.” I muttered.

He kissed me passionately and something tugged at my pants leg.

“Mommy!” A little boy voice said.

I pulled away and looked down, to see a little boy about age 4. When I looked at my belly, it shrunk… What the fuck… I still had a little lump.

A little boy… A lump…. What the…

Jeydon hugged me, and rubbed my belly. Then he bent down. “I love you baby.” He said and kissed my belly.

Jeydon’s baby in me… We have a son… No I have a son. That’s Aiden’s son. How could time fly this much?

Was this even realistic?

I woke up to Stella texting on her cell phone, it was just a dream.

“Hey.” I said, without an expression or feeling.

“Lace! Thank God you’re alright! Do you know who could have done this to you?” She noticed I was clutching my tummy. “Oh… I bet your wondering if the baby is alright, don’t worry.” She kissed my forehead. “The baby is fine. You just need to go on complete bed rest until the baby is born.”

Oh, God, that means… 15 weeks in bed.

“N-no… I want an abortion.” I blurted out.

Stella looked at me in confusion and then wide-eyed like I just said something utterly insane.

 "Y-You can't..." She said, struck in horror.

"Too bad. I don't want this baby! I want it gone." I cried. It brings me nothing but pain... I want it gone.

"I mean seriously you can't Laci, you're too far along."

"I don't care." I cried. "T-then I'll give it up for adoption. I don't want this stupid thing!"