Chapter 16 (Part Two)

At the end of our meal, and it came time to leaving. Amy gave Jeydon and me her cell phone number – telling us to call her whenever.

After we left, Jeydon took me shopping. He bought me a diamond necklace in the shape of a heart.

Then we went to a festival.

“Laci, do you want to get on the roller coaster?” He asked, buying us a roll of tickets.

“Yes!” I grabbed his hand.

Jeydon laughed as the ticket lady handed us a roll of tickets and we headed for the roller coaster. Then the bumper cars (Let’s just say I didn’t win that game) then go-karts… I didn’t win that either.

It grew closer to closing time, so we hurried up and went to play this balloon game. (You throw darts at balloons that are hung up on the wall). He won me a teddy bear on that game.

“Are you tired or hungry or something?” Jeydon asked, as we walked away from the booth and suddenly pulled me into a hug.

“No, I’m just tired.” I laid my head on his shoulder. “Will you take me home?” I hugged my teddy bear.

He laughed. “Sure, let’s go.” He led us to his car, where I kissed him and thanked him for tonight… Then he drove us home.

Jeydon’s grandma was waiting outside of the apartments complex at home.

Stepping out of the car, she walked up to us.

“Jeydon I want you to move back home.” She said, crying.

“Grandma, what’s wrong?” Jeydon hugged his grandma.

I hugged the teddy bear, Jeydon won for me.

“Eliza… She-she… she died.” Mary cried.

I looked at them froze, wide-eyed.

“How did she die?” Jeydon cried.

“She got sick a week ago, with a fever… it just escalated… and now…” she cried.

I started crying to, but I went and patted Jeydon’s and Mary’s back – to comfort them.

After Jeydon took his grandma home, he brought Jacee to me.

He only told me that he wouldn’t be coming home anymore, and that he wanted to break up. He left me home alone with Jacee after that.

A week passed by, Jeydon hasn’t even came home or called me.

And that following Tuesday I got divorce papers in the mail.

This can’t really be happening… He said he wouldn’t leave me… I slept with him.