Chapter Eight

Who should I choose, Laci or Ariana?

Laci’s my best friend, but Ariana’s my girlfriend.

I sat on my bed with my head in my hands, it’s so confusing.

Someone entered my room, I looked up to see Eliza coming in with her Pajama’s on. “What’s wrong bubby?” She climbed up onto my bed and threw her arms around me.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.” Eliza began humming ‘the itzy bitzy spider.’

“Do you like Laci or Ari more?”

“Laci.” She smiled brightly. “Because she plays with me,” She said in a cute tone.

I laughed, that was typical for a four year old, and they only like people who played with them or bought them stuff.

I picked up Eliza, and stood up.

“Bubby?” She asked quietly.

“What?”

“You should marry Laci, I want to play with her baby.” She looked at me with her bright green eyes sparkling against her skin.

I kissed her forehead and carried her to her bed and put her to sleep, then headed back to my room.

Eliza really likes Laci, eh?

In the morning, I got up and dressed and went to the hospital.

Laci was lying down, watching TV.

“Uh... Hey...” I blurted out.

She instantly looked down and rubbed her belly, I could tell she was crying – but she tried hiding it. “W-W-We can’t... Be friends... Anymore, please stop... Visiting me...” She wouldn’t look at me.

“Is that really what you want?” What’s really wrong with Laci? Why has she been acting like this?

“Y-Yeah...” She sounded wimpy.

I guess I’ll choose Ariana then. “Fine... I’ll go then... Bye, Laci.” I turned and walked out the door – without a look back.

Laci’s P.O.V:

I couldn’t help but cry, I lost my best friend... I clutched my belly. I hope Ariana’s happy, she wins.

My hospital room was now empty, so I got up and walked around without permission. I wasn’t supposed to be walking, but now I could honestly care less.

I ended up dressing up in clothes and walked to the park, no one noticed me leave the hospital...

I can’t believe... That my life has gotten so horrible because... of this baby... Why did I even protect it? It was just a reminder of what Aiden did to me.

I heard voices on the walking path at the park and ducked, hiding, in the bushes.

I saw Jeydon and Ariana.  She was holding his hand.

“I’m sorry about Laci, but you still have me.” She seemed a little un-sincere.

He let go of her hand. “...Ariana I want to break up.” He looked away.

“What?” She asked.

“I don’t love you...” He still wouldn’t look at her. “I’m sorry... I’m in love with someone else.”

Who could Jeydon be ‘in love’ with?

“I know.” Ariana stopped moving and looked down. “You’re in love with Laci, right?”

He froze up. “Yeah... I’m sorry.”

I stared.

...Jeydon’s in love with me?

“It’s fine.” Ariana turned and muttered something and then walked away.

I accidently fell out of the bushes and Jeydon turned and ran to me, rushing and yelling my name.

I sat on my butt, covering my face... I don’t know if I can face him.

“Are you okay?” He was sitting on the ground next to me now.

“No...” I looked up to him with tears in my eyes, and then I kissed him.

A real kiss, not our crappy little kiss at the Christmas party, but a real kiss...

Maybe things will start going my way for a change.