Chapter 44

Jason's pov

The girls say their goodbyes and head out.  I'm also glad she got  that job she'd been talking about so she doesn't have to worry anymore. Miranda walks in with a nurse. "How's Luke doing?" I ask worriedly. "He's out of surgery and in recovery." She says. Thank God he's gonna be okay. Miranda sits beside my leg. "I have to tell you something." I shakily say.

Miranda's pov

He bites his lip. "What is it?" "The wreck wasn't just a lost control moment." Huh? "I'm conf-" "I was aiming for Sierra's douchebag ex boyfriend. I was in a blind rage and it was stupid. Luckily Luke yanked the wheel away and I didn't hit them." My eyes go wide. "You know by doing that you almost killed your best friend!" I shout outraged. "I know. I was stupid and I feel horrible. I'm just glad Luke's okay!" He gasps. I can't believe he did that! "Please baby don't be mad! I'm sorry." "It's okay, Jay. You were only looking out for your little girl." "Thanks for understanding." I smile. Luke walks in, stumbling. My eyes go wide in surprise. "What are you doing up?" I cry, standing up. He shoves me out of the way and grabs Jason's shirt.

Jason's pov

"You almost killed me over some stupid kid!!" He screams. What the fuck?! I pull his hands off me. "What the heck man?!" I gasp, standing up and helping Miranda up. "You stupid son of a bitch!" He screams. "Luke! Calm down!" Miranda cries. "Shut up!" He yells at her. "Look I get why you're mad at me but don't be mad at her! She didn't-" "Oh cram it asshole! This friendship is over!" He yells shoving me back. I smash into the bed in surprise. "B-But Luke.... Wait!" I cry, throwing a hand up, only grabbing air since he's walking away. Cram it asshole. This friendship is over. My best friend hates me. I shakily fall to my knees. "Jason, you okay?" I shake my head, staring in shock at the floor. I fall forward due to my injuries and throw my hands out to keep from faceplanting. He hates me. Luke hates me. Tears fill my eyes at the thought.

Sorry it's so short.