Chapter 25

Jason's pov

I teach her everything she needs to know about how to use a bow and arrow. "You're gonna do great today." I say, patting her head. "Jason, the girls are here!" Miranda calls. "We're comin'." I call back. We get to the place where they're doing the archery event. "You got this Sierra." She smiles and holds her bow up. They do the archery while I was talking on the phone with Luke. "Ya know dude I don't think I've ever known a nicer person than you, Jason. I'm just really glad to have a friend like you." I smile and lean against a post. "Luke, you're one of my best friends. I wouldn't be half the man I am today without your guidance." I look up and notice a teenage girl standing a few feet away, watching me. I lower the phone. "Hey miss." She waves. "You probably get this alot but I'm a huge fan." I smile. "What's your favorite song?" "My kinda party. I met my dad actually when I was listening to one of your songs." Huh? "What do you mean?" "Oh I'm adopted. I was listening to your wide open album on the song the truth when my dad walked in to adopt me." Wow. "That's awesome. What's your name?" "Rachel." "Hey my daughter's name is Rachel." I take a picture and give her an autograph then the archery contest is over. I walk over. "And the winner is Sierra Aldean!" I clap and she waves to everyone. "Thank you, thank you!" I laugh slightly and pull the list out of my pocket. The next game is foot race.

*3 weeks later*

Sierra's pov

Dad walks out dressed in a coach's uniform with a whistle around his neck. "Ok girls tomorrow is your last game." "What is the game?" Karen asks. Dad smiles proudly. "Baseball. My specialty, trust me tomorrow you're gonna kick ass." I laugh slightly. Miranda walks into the backyard. "Hey hun, how's it goin'?" "Everything is great. Next week is the gender ultrasound are you gonna be able to make it this time?" "Yes, sweety I promise. This is their last event." He says, hugging her. "Ok girls have fun." My older sister says waving and going inside. Dad hands out bats and gloves. "Alright batter up!" He says, excited. Man he loves baseball.

*later*

Jason's pov

Bases are loaded and Sierra's up to bat. She has that same competitive spirit I have. I see Miranda's truck pull into the lot. I smile and run over. "You made it just in time." I say. She doesn't look happy. "What's wrong?" "Stupid idiots on the road don't know how to drive. Bastard pulled right out in front of me almost ran me off the road." I sigh. Man she is bad at this no smoking thing. I've been pretty distracted with the scouts to pay much attention. Sarah walks up to bat and the girls are cheering for her to get a homerun and get them home and stuff. It's awesome seeing my girls do what I did when I was their age.

*later*

Tomorrow and for the whole week is their honey bee jamboree. I smile and kiss Rachel's sleeping head. They were so tired after that game so I carried them inside. Miranda stands by the door. "Next week the girls go to camp." "Well technically it isn't camp since they come home at night. It's just a week of activities during the day." I say, walking in our room and taking my boots off. "You sure know a lot about this stuff." She says with a teasing smile. "Yeah I do. I gotta. I'm their leader!" I say enthusiastically. I sit beside her. "Babe, how ya doin' on the whole not being able to smoke? I'm worried about the stress it's causin' ya." She sighs. "It's torture, Jay. But I can't smoke while pregnant." "I know that. I just wanna make sure you're okay." "Oh I can tolerate it. I just gotta get used to it. You haven't smoked either?" "Nope." She smiles and cuddles into my chest. I'm sure glad I decided to quit smoking. I don't like it anymore.

*the next day*

"You girls excited?" I ask, opening the door. They run in. "Troop 216." I say, stepping up to the table. "I'm sorry they can't come in." "What?" Rachel cries. "Why not?" I ask. "No den mother no entry." "I'm their den father." I say. "Please, I don't know how you think you're allowed to do this." I glare at her. "Do we question girls who wanna play football? No. So what's so wrong with me wanting to save my daughters' troop! They have every right to come here." "No they don't. You aren't even in proper uniform!" She says, standing up, looking extremely satisfied. I stare at her and notice she's wearing a skirt. Oh man. I glance back at my girls who look super upset. "Don't worry guys, you'll get in there too. I'll make it happen." I walk back to the desk. "Ya got one in size 11?" Her eyes go wide. "You're seriously gonna do this?" I nod and cross my arms. "I'd do anything for my girls." "Even wear a skirt?" She gapes shocked. "Yep, I'll even wear a skirt." She stares me down. "Prove it." I glare right back at her as she sets a uniform on the table in front of us. "Dad, you don't have to do this. I know you don't want to." Sierra says, grabbing my hand. I rest a hand on my daughter's head. "It's okay hun, I don't mind doin' it. You girls worked too hard to get here, no way am I not gonna put on a uniform. I am your den father after all." "Daddy you're the best!" Rachel gasps. I hug them both and grab the outfit. I come back out wearing a skirt, feeling very out of place, and not giving a damn. "Now then ya got me in a damn skirt, now let my girls in." "Wow sir, you sure are mindset on this!" "Damn right I am!" She hands me the paper and I sign them in. "You're the best, Mr. Aldean." Sarah says hugging me. "Oh sweetheart just call me Jason." They all go in and enjoy the festivities and I hear someone clear their throat. I turn around and my jaw drops seeing Luke! "Shit! What the hell are you doing here?!" I gasp immediately red faced. "Came to see how the girls were faring. I never expected to see this!" He says laughing hysterically. Oh God I'm so red right now, my face is so hot I'm sweating with embarassment. "I had to it was the only way the girls could get in. Actually I think it's just the scout leader has it in for me but who the fuck cares. My girls are happy and that's all that matters." Miranda walks over too. I smile and kiss her cheek. "You did great, Jason." "Thanks babe." "Whoa, Jason Aldean?" Oh my Lord. Why would the king of country music be here?!?! I turn around and there he stands. "W-What.... What are you.... Doing here?" "My granddaughter is a girl scout. What the heck are you doing here?" I sigh. "Girls!" I call. My troop runs over. I put an arm around Miranda and my hand on Sierra's head. "I'm a den father. To these girls." "Wow never seen that before. I like it. You got a big heart." Jeez could this day get anymore embarassing?! "How's about next month you join me at my farewell concert in Texas?" Whoa! Wait?! What?! "Y-Yeah sir, I-I'd love to!" I gasp shocked. After he leaves, Luke pats my back and Miranda wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me. "You're the best cowboy I've ever known." I smile, happy beyond means even if I'm in a damn skirt.