Chapter 29

Miranda's pov

"I don't like this at all, Miranda. That kid is bad news." He says, pacing the floor in front of our bed. "God if he hits Rachel I'm gonna go ballistic. I just know it." I sigh. "Come to bed. That's enough worrying tonight." He sighs and leans his head against the wall. I walk over and rest a hand against his back. "Come to bed, Jason." We lay down for the night.

*the next day*

I got up early and fixed breakfast. Blueberry muffins, pancakes, bacon, eggs, toast, and cheese grits.

Jason's pov

I walk into the kitchen. "Dad's recipe, God I miss you daddy." I hear Miranda whisper. Poor girl. I hug her from behind and she drops the spoon in her hand in surprise. "Goodness, you scared me." "You okay?" "Yeah why?" "I heard you say ya miss your dad." She sighs softly but stays quiet. "Talk to me babe." "Well father's day is coming up and I've found myself thinking about them alot more lately, I don't know why." "Cause their your parents babe. Ya don't ever forget them." "I know but.... Oh I'm so confused. I haven't felt this drained about it since the twins went missing on the mountain!" Oh man what a scary three months that was. "Here you sit down and relax. I'll get the girls up." I go back upstairs to wake the girls for school. Sierra gets in the shower and while Rachel waits I stare at her worried. Man I hope Levi doesn't lay a hand on her. Not just for that boy's sake of me killing him but for my little girl. God dammit if she comes home with bruises I'm going to personally deal with Kurt's boy myself. I don't give a God damn about going to jail. As I'm pondering, Sierra comes out of the bathroom and Rachel goes in. "Mornin' daddy, happy early Father's day." "Thanks hun but don't mention it around Miranda. She's kinda upset about it." "Ok." I check on Anthony and he's still asleep in his little racecar bed. I cover him back up and walk back out in the hall bumping into Rachel accidentally. We both stare worriedly at each other. "Rach, you gotta promise if that boy lays a damn hand on you, you'll tell me immediately." "Of course dad. But I don't think he will." I'm just so worried. I hug her tight. "I love you little girl." "I love you too dad." I walk back downstairs. Sierra was finishing up breakfast and was tying her shoes. I pat her head and ate a piece of toast while leaning against the counter. "The little one's still konked out so I think I'll head to the studio, see what Mike's got planned this go around." "Alright." She says, putting her plate in the sink. "You gonna be okay by yourself?" "Of course Jason, I'm just a little upset. I'm not a wreck." "I know I just.... Oh I'm not even sure what I'm talking about. I'm just worried about you sweetheart." "You've been worrying too much Jason. About me, Rachel, Levi, Anthony. You need to take a break from your daily life. Go fishing, hang with Luke do what ya gotta do for the day." "Ok? That was weird." I say, scratching my head confused. "What?" "It's like you're trying to get me outta the house." "No. Why would you think that?" "I don't..... Know." I stare at her oddly unsure then go get ready to go to Mike's. Is she hiding something from me? If so what is it? Something bad? Good? I don't know! I might just be paranoid for nothing. God I hope it's not an affair or something like that!! The girls left for school. I go back downstairs. "I'm heading to the studio. See ya later." "See ya, Jay." I kiss her goodbye then get in my truck. What is going on with the women in my life?!