Chapter 30

Jason's pov

I get back home and she's not home. I walk inside and there's a note on the refrigerator. I take it and read it. "Anthony woke up, took him for a walk around the block, love you, Miranda." I lower it, still thinking about everything. She's hiding something but what? I have no damn clue. I walk upstairs and find a book laying on the bed. I pick it up and gasp in surprise, seeing the cover. Diary. Holy! She's got a diary. I never knew that. Maybe this could tell me what she's hiding! But I really shouldn't! But I gotta figure this out! It's gonna drive me nuts. I sit on the bed and open it.

Dear diary,
My life is perfect. Everything about it makes me so happy. My loving amazing husband, my two sisters and Jason's friends are so supportive of everything. As much as I love Sean, he'd have cracked under the pressure. Jason saved my life.

Wow. Maybe she isn't hiding something. This was back when we had just found the twins again. I turn the page this one dated seven months after.

Dear diary,
Everyday I look back and wonder how life would've changed if mom and dad didn't die. Of course the girls wouldn't be in our care but I still always wonder.

Before I know it, I'm reading all the way through it all. The last entry is what strikes fear and confirms my worries. It was dated 3 months after Anthony was born

Dear diary,
One week ago, things happened that I never expected nor did I ever want to happen. Sighs. I'm so stressed about it all. And keeping a secret from Jason is killing me. I've never kept stuff from him. It's weird and I don't like it. But how in God's green earth am I gonna tell him?!

Wait? That's it? What is it?! God damn it!! What the hell is this secret?! What did she do?! I hear the door downstairs open. "Jason?" I set the diary back down and walk out, hands in my pockets. Anthony is asleep in the stroller. "We have to talk." I say, crossing my arms. "Sure, what about?" "You're hiding something from me. I know you are and I want to know what it is." Her eyes go wide. "What.... What do you know?" "Nothin'. Not a damn thing and it's starting to piss me off. What the hell are you hiding from me?! Is there another fucking guy in your life?! God dammit tell me!!!!"

Miranda's pov

Oh my God! He thinks I'm cheating on him! "I'm not cheating on you Jason! I love you! You're the best thing that's ever happened to me! Why would you think I'd cheat on you?!" "I don't know. You're being secretive! I don't like it!" I sigh. "I have a secret but it isn't another man, I promise." "Then tell me what the hell it is!" I sit down on the couch, trying not to cry. "I found out a few weeks ago. My parents aren't dead."

Jason's pov

What?! "W-What?" I choke out shocked. "They aren't dead. Come to find out.... I'm adopted and I'm not even related to Rachel and Sierra at all." She says then starts crying. Now I feel like a jackass for getting all pissed off. "How... Why would you think I'd cheat on you, Jason?! I love you with everything I have!!! I've never felt better than when I'm with you! Before you came along, I was falling in a depression so severe, I doubt I could pull myself out of, Jason I know without a shadow of a doubt, if you weren't there to help me through my parents, I'd probably have killed myself!" She's sobbing now. "Baby I'm sorry I accused you. I was being stupid. I love you too more than anything in the world. I was scared! Can you ever forgive me?" She was crying in her hands and didn't respond so I walked up and hugged her. "Baby I'm so sorry." She cried in my arms for almost an hour. "What do I do now?" "About what?" "My parents. My birth parents anyway! I'm so confused! And scared! I don't know if I even want to meet them or not." I don't have a clue what to tell her. "Does anyone else know?" "Only you, me, and aunt Sherri. She's the one who told me." I tilt her head up, my finger under her chin. "Sweetheart, I'm sorry about yellin' I hope you ain't too mad at me." "I'm not mad. It's not your fault. I'm sorry for keeping this from you." I smile and kiss her forehead. "Whatever you decide to do, I support you. I'll be behind you every step of the way, and if you ever feel like it's too much, I'll take care of it. I'm glad you're not mad baby girl." She wipes her eyes and looks into mine. "I don't think I want to meet them. I've got all the family I need right here. The people who died in the plane crash all those years ago are my parents. Birth or not I wouldn't wanna call anyone else mama or daddy." I wipe the tears from her eyes and kiss her softly. "I love you so much sweet girl." "I'll love you til the day I die Jason Aldean." I smile. I'm one lucky S.O.B.