Chapter 10

Miranda's pov

We just got home from a soccer game. They won by the way and I'm beat. Jason grabs a beer as the girls go up to bed. He pats Rachel's head. "Great job tonight, kiddo." "Thanks." I smile and close the door, letting a tired sigh come out of me. He smiles. "Want one?" I shake my head. "I'm pretty tired. I think I'm just gonna go to bed." "I'll be up in a bit." He says, kissing my cheek. I go upstairs and change into night clothes.

Jason's pov

I sit on the couch and down my beer. I'm exhausted too. We've been running ragged all week doing extracurricular stuff with the kids. Soccer, scouts, drawing club, ballet. I just need a break. I glance at the stairs. I think we both need a break. Maybe we'll go out tomorrow night.

*the next day*

Miranda's pov

I was fixing sandwiches for the girls when Jason gives me the we should talk look. I follow him to the living room. "What's up?" "Babe we've both been so busy lately. We need some time to relax. What's say we hit the bar tonight?" "But the girls-" "The girls'll be fine by themselves for a few hours." "Okay. What bar are we going to?" He shrugs. "I haven't decided. Anyway I'm gonna head to the studio and I'll come pick you up later tonight." "Ok. See ya then." He heads to the studio and I go back to the kitchen. After lunch, we watch TV for a few hours before I tell them. "You guys'll be okay right?" They both nod. "What are we doing for dinner?" "Jason's bringing something when he comes to pick me up." "Ok have fun sis." They both hug me.

*hours later*

I hear Jason's truck. He hugs and kisses me then sets dinner down for the girls. KFC. "It ain't like mama made it but it's still good." He says, resting his hands on his hips. "Are we getting wasted tonight? Or just hanging out?" I ask, putting my hair up. He smirks and wraps an arm around my waist. "We'll see where the night takes us." I wave to the girls. When we get to the bar I hear Luke's song if you ain't here to party playing. We get inside and it's Luke really playing the song.

Jason's pov

I slap a highfive to my buddy and I order two beers. My girl gets one and I get the other obviously. I don't think I'll get drunk. Just gonna have fun. We were dancing to the party anthem and as it died down I snuck back over to Luke. "Hey buddy play somethin' sweet for me man." "You got it." He says, giving me a thumbs up. I walk back over after finishing my beer. "Ok everyone a nice slow song get your girl and show her how much ya love her." I slip my hands around her waist, her hands wrap around my neck. I love seeing her carefree and happy. Luke breaks into crash my party. "This song is perfect." She says. I smile, staring into her beautiful blue eyes. We were swaying to the music, her fingers twirling around my hair. I just realized we're the only ones out here dancing. Everyone else got off the floor. I shrug and pull her close, moving my hands to her shoulders. Her head now against my chest. "Baby you can crash my party anytime." The music fades out and I don't even care anymore, we stay like that for a while. "Give it up y'all for my main man and his girl. Guys if there was an award for cutest couple you'd win it hands down every year." I tip my hat to Luke then take it off and set it on the table. "It's just so good to be here with you. I don't think I've been this calm since my parents." She says. "I feel the same baby girl. There's never gonna be anyone that'll make me as happy as you do." I reply with a smile. She's got a smile that could light up the whole bar. I plant a soft kiss on her lips.

*later*

We were sitting at the bar, talking and drinking. I ordered some fries so we were snacking on those too. I stamp my cigarette out and rest a hand over hers. "I definitely needed this Jay." "You and me both." Someone whistles on the dancefloor so we both look that way and I laugh when some drunk girl is giving some guy a lapdance. "You won't catch me dead doing that in public!" She gasps. The look on her face makes me laugh even harder. "Hey you only live once." I say, shrugging. She gives me a funny look. I laugh again. "I mean if they're into that sorta thing." I say, pointing and shrugging. She smiles and jumps off the barstool. "What are ya doin'?" "Pull up a chair, cowboy." Huh? "What do ya mean, babe?" "Well, ya only live once." I shake my head. "For them. Not me." She grabs my hands and I get off the barstool too. "Don't tell me you wouldn't like a lapdance from me." My eyes go wide. I guess it's something I'd like. "As long as it's you babe and not some random drunk girl." "Then pull up a chair." "I thought you said you wouldn't be caught dead-" "I never said anything about alive." I smile and give in to her silliness. "Ok you win. Let's do this." I set my beer down and grab a chair.

*later*

We get home from the bar and Sierra and Rachel are asleep on the couch. I smile and kiss my girl again. She rests her hands on my arms. "I had a great night." She whispers. "Me too baby. A perfect night with my perfect girl.... And damn can she sure give a good lapdance." She laughs. "Don't you tell anyone about that." "Scouts honor." I say, kissing her again before we go to bed.