8

"What a very interesting date." Elijah murmured, glancing up at the stars—he'd been sharing a deep dish pizza with Rayan.

He couldn't refuse the offer even if he wanted to. Half of him genuinely wanted to go on a date with Ray while the other half was simply doing this for Jacob.

He'd coaxed Elijah into joining him for a picnic—he seemed to be enjoying himself as he watched strangers pass, occasionally glancing up at the sky. Elijah had never had a picnic at night; it was kinda weird but he liked it. It was a lot more intimate this way.

"My apologies for not taking you on a proper date; crowds aren't really my thing and I didn't want any outside  noise to interrupt us." Ray said, glancing over at him.

"I'm not complaining. I'm actually enjoying myself." He shrugged off the explanation, helping himself to another slice.

"That's because you're with me." Rayan smirked, nudging him.

"Cocky asshole." They laughed.

"Seriously, I could do this all day." Elijah admitted, now lying on his back.

"What d'you mean?" Ray mumbled. He was a bit focused on getting his hair out of its low ponytail. He soon succeeded—the curls began to fall over his shoulders, a few strands drooped over his face. He joined Elijah, scooting near the boy.

"Just sit here and eat pizza....with you." He smiled. Rayan was nearly hypnotized by the way Elijah's eyes gleamed—the moon illuminated his irises, almost making it seem as if they were sparkling beneath the man's glasses. Elijah continued looking at the stars, searching for the Big Dipper.

"Elijah?"

"Yeah?"

"I think you are very attractive."

~

"Elijah." Jacob called as Muffin slept in his arms—he cradled the feline as if she were a newborn. He would carry her all day if he could.

"Hm?"

"Do you like Rayan?"

"Well," The question seemed to catch him off guard—He wasn't aware that Jacob knew about their date. "I think so."

"I think he's cool and pretty nice." This also caught Elijah off guard. Despite Ray starting to ease up on Jacob, he still wasn't exactly welcoming to the kid.

"He used to be extremely mean to you, Jacob. How could you possibly think he's nice?" Elijah shook his head at how the boy giggled at this.

"He's nice on the inside."

"You really think so?"

"Duh. Everyone has a soft spot, silly."

(A/N)
I was supposed to update yesterday but it was so much going on and it kinda slipped my mind.

Sorry! I'll try to update again today.