7

"When'd you get her?" Elijah motioned towards the kitten Jacob was snuggling against. The feline whined at the action, purring against Jacob's cheek—he'd stopped Elijah to showcase his new prized possession.

"Yesterday." Jacob tittered, running his fingers over the kitten's small head—it closed it's eyes, purring again.

"Didn't you have a little mishap with a kitten not too long ago?" Elijah raised an eyebrow, reminding the boy of the bloody incident just last week.

"Yeah but she's so cute." He cooed. "And just because that kitten was bad, doesn't mean this kitten has to be."

"What's her name?" Elijah attempted to change the subject.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "I was thinking muffin. Since I like muffins." Elijah smiled at the boy's naivety—he still couldn't get over the fact that his parents 'hated' him. He frowned at the remembrance of him calling Jacob annoying before. He also didn't like the fact that other people thought he was annoying as well—he was genuinely a sweet kid.

At least he was happy unlike other teens. He stood in thought for a moment.

"I want you to stop being so mean to Jacob." Elijah demanded as he stood in front of Rayan's door, his arms folded across his chest.

"Why?" Rayan's sullen expression intimidated the man though he stood his ground—he mimicked Elijah's stance, leaning against the doorframe with his arms folded.

"Because he's a sweet kid and he doesn't deserve to be treated that way." Elijah sneered. He was starting to grow a soft spot for the presumptuous teen.

"On one condition."

"What?"

"You have to go on a date with me."