Welcome to Phoenix Drop!

The flash dwindled as everyone exited the portal. I fell upon immediate impact of my foot and the ground. Damn, I'm already kissing the ground! It hasn't even been halfway through the chapter yet!

"W-What was all that about?" I heard Aphmau ask to no one in particular. Suddenly, memories pounded at me in a flash. Aphmau, Katelyn, Laurence, Emmalyn, Kenmur, Garroth, and I had all gotten trapped in the Irene Dimension with Zane. Garroth, being the naive little shit he happened to be in that moment, was tricked by Zane into joining his side. Wait, thinking of Garroth and the emo bitch, where are they?

"I-It's you... It's really you!" An elf girl exclaimed happily. She sounded familiar, very familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

"Huh? Wait... who're you?" Aphmau asked the girl. At that statement, I was up and beside Aphmau. I protectively stood behind her, giving off a bad vibe with my aura.

"You mean... you don't recognize me? I mean, it has been many years since you saw me but still... Aphmau, it's me... Zoey" The elf gir- I mean, Zoey replied.

"Zoey?!" Aphmau and I both asked at once, quite shocked at the sight before us. Zoey looked different... Her hair was down! That was unusual for Zoey!

"You look way different then when we last saw you, Zoey!" I exclaim, "Your hair's longer!"

"Heh, well... what did you expect me to look like after 15 years?" She laughed out. She stopped once she noticed that we weren't laughing along.

"Wait... 15 years?!" Aphmau asked, her voice switching to something more shaky. The shock Jan her eyes gave away any hidden emotion on the situation.

"...That's right..." Zoey replied, smiling nervously. I looked from Zoey to Aphmau, who happened to hold the same facial expression as me.

"Zoey, you've gotta be shittin' me? 15 years? No, this is all just a prank, right?" I ask, panicking internally. Zoey was never one to joke around on something serious like this, but sometimes a little time apart might change that?

Remain calm. You aren't fully sure she isn't messing with you... Zoey shook her head, confirming that we were 15 years into the future.

"We have to get to the village now!" Aphmau was already off, not giving us a moment to really gather our things. I don't blame her, all of the things she cared for in Phoenix Drop could be in danger or destroyed, all because as use none of us were there. Aphmau's conscious was something that shouldn't be messed with, and this incident could do some collateral damage to it.

Taking that first step, I felt like pins and needles were stabbing my feet. My vision blurred with each antagonizing step. Images flashed in and out of focus at a constant rate, a constant speed. How in hell is Aphmau running?

"(Y/n)!" A voice shouted my name, bouncing around like echoes. A sudden nauseous feeling came following after, my insides feeling jumbled up. What is this hellish feeling? A sudden weight was pulling me down, spinning, and tripping me up. A push was on my chest, almost as if something heavy was sitting against, knocking any and all air out of me. I couldn't breathe, a pain pounding on my chest as I try to just relax.

I try to relax,

But...

I can't relax.

I was falling. I knew that from the start. It happened all too soon all too slowly. There was no wind nor color, but it was obvious when my face finally smacked against the ground. The impact wasn't as loud as the voices shouting out my name or the sudden flash of blurry colors.

"Don't worry! I've got you!" Katelyn exclaimed once I was rolled over. I couldn't really see her face, but I could tell she was worried, "Stay with me, (Y/n)!"