Chapter 1 - Beach City

After a long day of driving halfway across state, you finally made it, Beach City.

"Hey, mom," you said into your phone as you stepped out of your van. "Yes, I'm alive. Yes. Okay. I'll feed myself. Okay. Love you, bye." You hung up and shoved your phone into your pocket.

You felt your stomach groan. 'I'll unpack later, I'm starving,' you thought to yourself. You stretched out your arms, hearing the satisfying crack of your back, and made your way to the boardwalk.

"Hey kid," you said as you walked towards Beach Citywalk Fries "Can I buy some fries?",

"Sure, three dollars and fifty cents please," the boy said as he extended his arm so he could be given the money. You gave him a five dollar bill and he put it in the cash register.

"Are you new around here? I've never seen you before," the boy asked as he counted your change.

"Yeah. Just got here, actually," you replied, "my name's Y/N."

"Peedee," the boy gave you your change and your fries. "You should check out the beach, it's the only reason people actually come here."

"I'll check it out," you said as you popped a fry into your mouth. "See ya."

"Bye," the Peedee waved.

You ate your fries and went to the beach. You walked along the shore and kicked off your sandals. The sun warmed the soles of your feet. You hummed as you watched the sun set over the horizon, the red and oranges dancing within the dark blues and blacks. Little stars started to peek out of hiding.

You continued down the beach and peered at the giant hill behind you. Your eyes adjusted to the growing darkness and you gasped.

Facing the water was a beautiful statue. It had six arms, two of which were holding a house. The statue seemed extremely old, as green moss were making their homes ontop of it and the statue's hands were falling off. The statue also had two faces, one face was facing upwards, at a galaxy far away, while the other one seemed to look at you. The lighthouse on the top of the hill flickered on, and the light started to rotate, shining on the shimmering water.

The day had turned into night. You grabbed your sandals and made your way back to your house. You yawned and unlocked the door with your key. You pushed your way inside, curled up on the floor, and drifted off into sleep.

a/n: Alright!!! So I've edited this chapter so it has longer descriptions and more conversations! Less boring now, enjoy!