This is forever

In Erin's point of view. Thank you for all of the support on this book it means a lot.

Erins(p.o.v)
It has been a week since jay proposed and it has been the best week of my life. Everyday I have fall in love with him even more. Work has been really good and now everyone nows about mine and jays engagement, all they can talk about is an engagement party.

Looking back on the past Iam actually really glad that I made the decisions that I made. I couldn't ask for a beater life with a better man. Me and jay have been talking about the future a lot, like when we are going to have babes, and when we are going to buy a bigger house, and when we are going to get married. Marriage is something that as a kid I never thought about, I was never the girl who dreamed about her wedding and who she would marry. I just guess I thought that I wasn't good enough to get married and have someone who loves me.

Jay doesn't know a lot about my past but I'm scared that if I tell him he will look at me a different way and not want to be with me anymore. When I was younger I did a lot of regrettable stuff that I wish I never did, but when u are constantly high on drugs and u have parents who don't give a flying fuck about where u are or what u do that's what happens. I guess that Iam just really lucky that Hank found me really.

Currently it is 5:30am and shortly the alarm will go of for work. So I lift jays arm up and snuggle into his chest, when I'm finally comfortable I feel him slightly squeeze me to let me know that he is there and he is not going anywhere. He just knows me to well. When I'm scared, when I'm happy, when I'm sad, and that's why I love him.

E-"I love you." I half consciously whisper before sleep takes me.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Well I guess it looks like it is time to wake up. I roll over and switch the alarm clock off, I then turn to jay to get him up.
E-"hey babe it's time to get up." I speak as I plant a kiss on his jaw line.
J-"uuuurrrgggg 5 more minutes please." He begs. I think about it for a while then grab a pillow and hit him with it.
E-"NOOOOO GET UP." I shout trying not to be too loud.
J-"okay okay I'm up." He grumbles in his harsh morning voice.

I stand up from the bed and run into the shower jay clearly has the same idea as me as he follows me.
E-"no not to say mister other wise we will never get to work." I can barely get my words out as he has already picked me up and carried me to the shower.

*30 minutes later*

When me and jay had finished what we do most mornings, we got dressed and had breakfast and know it was time to go to work.
E-"are u ready we need to get to work." I say as I walk over to the door as I grab m keys and slip my army boots on.
J-"yh coming but I just have one question." He says shyly as he approaches me and I know exactly what he is going to ask.
E-"no u are not driving." When I see this I can just see his smile drop.
J-"what no fair." He replays acting like a bid kid.
E-"u know the rules." I say bending down to retrieve the letter that is hanging from the letter box.
J-"yes mam." As he says this I pass the letter to him with a sad look on my face.
E-"this is for you." I can barely get out through the lump in my throat.
He looks at me with concussion and then looks back at the letter when he looks at the letter probably he can see why I'm so upset. It's from the Army.

Jay opens the letter and reads it as he reads deeper into the letter his face drops to a sad face. This clearly isn't a good letter. I walk closer tot him and take the letter out of his hand and read it for my self.

Dear Sargent Halstead
Iam sorry to say this but we need you back into active duty up in Afghanistan. You will be deployed in 3 weeks. I'm sorry for the short notice but we really need your skills out here. We need you to be at Chicago air port in 3 weeks at 1pm . See you soon Sargent.

Your sincerely
Commander

After reading the letter I look at jay we are both balling our eyes with tears. I'm losing him again.
J-"I can't go er not after what happened last time." When he says this you can really see the pain in his eyes.
E-"it's okay we can get through this." I say this but I don't know If I believe it.

To be continued. I should be updating soon. Thank you again for all the support.