Chapter 13

JACK'S POV

All I heard was a out of an control cough. When I opened my eyes I saw Sage coughing out of control. When she stopped she looked at me.

"Did I wake you?" She asked weakly. I looked at her eyes and saw pain. That was one of the things I didn't like to see in her.

"A little." I answered.

"Sorry." She told me I got up from the chair and sat on the bed rubbing her back.

"It's fine. Are you okay?" I asked knowing that she wasn't.

"Not really." She answered.

"What hurt?" I asked.

"My insides, but mostly my back." She answered. I felt her forehead. It was hot. Not warm, but hot.

"You are hot." I told her. She nodded slowly. I had feeling that something was bugging her. So I asked.

"What wrong Sage?" She looked at me.

"What makes you think something wrong with me?" She asked. I laughed softly.

"I'm your friend Sage. I can tell if something is wrong with you." I answered. I sat there patiently waiting on Sage to answer my question. It was awhile before she did.

"Am I burden?" She asked. I raised a brow. Why would she ask this question? My only taught lead to Pitch. Pitch must have gotten the idea to her head about being a burden on us. I rubbed her head.

"If Pitch told you that your just a burden ignore it. You not a burden. Not to me or the Guardians." She smiled slightly, but covered her mouth and let out another out of control cough. I softly patted her back. Then Bunny came.

"Jack... Oh hey Sage." He greeted her.

"Hey kangaroo." She joked weakly. Bunny didn't corrected her, he just sighed and looked at me.

"North need us."

"Okay." I got up and looked at Sage. "I'll be back."

"Okay." She coughed and turned her back towards me. Me and Bunny left out the room.

SAGE'S POV

When Jack and Bunny my back was on fire. Ever since the fight with the emo kid my body been changing. It wasn't long till my back felt like it was going to bust. It felt like my back was being stretch outward away from my body. I rolled off the bed hitting the floor. I started to breathe hard. I started to claw my back and the ground. Something was trying to get out of me. My skin started to rip. As my skinned teared I let out a bloody scream. I was then on the floor panting. I felt something heavy on my back. I slightly turned my head and saw white and red. I touched it and looked at my hand. It was a crimson red substance.

'Is this... blood?' I asked myself. Before I could see what was on my back I blacked out completely.

NORMAL POV

In the room with the Globe the Guardians where all discussing Sage's problem about not seeing them after she uses her power against Pitch.

"So Sage won't remember us at all?" Tooth asked. North nodded his head.

"There has to be another way." Tooth said.

"Unless she can remember after, but with Manny's powers her chances are slim." Bunny said. Then two elves came in trying to get the Guardians attention, but they wasn't. They then went up to North jingling in front of him.

"What is it?" He asked them. They showed him their hands. North looked at their hands and couldn't tell what it was. Whatever it was it was red. The rest of the Guardians looked at them too.