Chapter 9

Inside the almost completely burned down house Sage was on the ground passed out. Not too long til the emo boy showed up. He smirked and reached out to Sage, but something stopped him. A tall man with white skin, glowing ivory hair, and glowing silver eyes. The emo backed off as the man was getting closer to Sage. He picked her up bridal style and teleported somewhere away from the town. The house burned down completely. Katie was still crying over Sage. Tooth was crying as well. Jamie and the others saw what happened to the burning house. Katie went to them and the Guardians, as Kevin talked to the police and firefighters.

"Katie what happened?" Jamie asked.

"Me and Sage was asleep upstairs. No one was else was in the house. I think Sage knew something was wrong and went to go see. The next thing I knew that she said the house was on fire. She wrapped me up in a blanket and promise that she would get me out. Her dress got caught on something. She put me down and told me to run. As I did the roof caved in. She ripped her dress and pushed me out." Katie had her head down. Jack patted her head. North was extremely quiet.

"What's wrong mate?" Bunny asked North.

"If I didn't let Sage leave..."

"Wait don't blame yourself North. If you didn't Katie might be dead." Tooth said still sad.

"How did the fire start anyway? Jack said slightly angry.

"We don't no." Katie answered. Sandy looked around and saw the emo boy. Sandy wave to get the other Guardians attention, but nothing. Katie saw what Sandy was looking at. She then went behind Jack. Jack saw what Katie was looking at.

"Hey you!" Jack yelled. The others Guardians saw the emo. He had a smirk on his face and began to run away. Jack followed him leaving the Guardians behind. Somewhere outside the town Sage was waking up. She found herself on the ground in the woods.

"Where am I?" She looked around and saw someone in ivory hair. It ran away once she saw it.

"Hey wait." She got and ran after it. They ran until it went inside a house. Sage stopped and looked at it. She saw a swing attached to a tree. She walked up to it and pushed it.

"Do I know this place?" Sage asked herself. Sage looked around her surroundings. She decided to go inside the house. Inside were pictures and baby things. A certain picture caught her attention. It was her, her mother, and a man. A man with ivory hair and silver eyes. She found a case of stairs and went on it. When she got upstairs there was a small room. It had a baby carriage inside. Sage walked up to it and found a small blanket and a crescent moon blanket.

"This was mine." Then a door across the room opened. She went inside. It seemed like the master bedroom. On the dresser there was another picture and a silver choker with a ivory stone shaped as the full moon. She picked up the choker and looked at the picture. Her mother was wearing it. Then she heard a metallic humming noise. She looked out the window and saw a frozen lake. She ran downstairs with the choker in her hand. In the back of the house was a big frozen lake. She sat next to in looking at the frozen water. At that moment memories flooded in her mind.

Sage at 11 months

Her mom was hold Sage in her arms. Her mother was singing a song to her and she played with her small hands. Then the tall man with ivory hair and silver eyes sat next to her mom. She gave Sage to him. He rocked her and touched her nose.

"You'll will one day rescue the children all around the world by an evil threat. I will be there, but I'll be there in your heart. I'm glad that I can call you my daughter."

Present Day

"Daughter? So that man was..."

"Yes Sage." She turned around to see the ivory haired man.