Chapter 2

10 years later Sage grew up. Her hair stopped to her lower back, her eyes and birthmark where still the same. Her skin was fair skinned and had features of a women (note: meaning that she grown up to have big breasts and a butt.) She was wearing classic blue jeans, black winter boots, brown sweater jacket with a brown long sleeves shirt underneath it, and a golden bracelet that said 'Don't forget to floss!' on it." Sage moved back to Burgess after her parents death (they grew old). Sage would always wonder what age they had her, but didn't care. Burgess was covered in clear white snow. She watched as all the kids playing in the snow. Sage then went home. She moved back into the house she lived in when she was 7. Everything was already in its place. She went to her room. There was a queen size bed, a t.v., a walking closet, and a sit down window. She she took for her jacket and sat it on the bed. Then she opened the window and lean out of it. She then enjoyed the cold breeze upon her warm cheek.

"Hello up there." Sage looked down and saw a brunette hair boy and other kids.

"Hello to ya."

"My name is Jamie, and these are my friends. Pippa, Monty, Caleb, Claude, and Cupcake." They waved. She waved back.

"My name is Sage Rider."

"Are you new?" Pippa asked. Sage nodded.

"Do you want to hang out with us?" Claude asked. Sage smiled.

"Sure. I'll be down there in a minute." Sage closed her window and grabbed her sweater and house keys. When she walked outside she was greeted by several snowballs. She wiped the snow off and grinned at the others. They all laughed and ran off. Sage closed her door and chased them.

"Come back here!" She yelled. They made it back to Jamie's house with Sage not far behind.

"Hide!" Jamie yelled. They all separated to hide. Sage caught up panting. She looked around and saw no one.

"Jamie, Pippa, Monty, Caleb, Claude, and Cupcake." She yelled. Sage heard soft laughters. Sage laughed as well. She then started to look for them. In the bushes Jamie was hiding laughing. He then felt cold hands in his head. When he turned around he saw Jack Frost.

"Hey Jack." He whispered.

"Hey kiddo. Why are you whispering?" Jack whispered back. Jamie pointed at Sage. Jack saw a girl with black hair and silver eyes.

'Wow her eyes are beautiful.' He thought.

"Who's she?" Jack asked.

"Her name is Sage Rider. She just moved here."

"Why is she looking for you guys?"

"We threw several snowballs at her, and she chased us so we're hiding from her." Jamie laughed. He looked out to the opened and didn't see Sage. Jamie slowly walked out the bushes. Once he was farther out Sage jumped out of nowhere and tickled Jamie. Jamie was on the ground laughing as Sage tickled him.

"O-Okay I surrender." Jamie yelled. Sage smiled and helped Jamie up. Then the rest of the gang jumped Sage. Everyone laughed.

"Oh guys Jack is here." Jamie said. Sage looked confused.

'Who's Jack?' Sage thought. Everyone got off of her. She laid there for a few minutes until she got up. She saw everyone surrounding a boy who looked odd to her. He had white hair, striking blue eyes, pale skin, and was taller than her. He was wearing a blue hooded sweater, frost collecting around the ring of the collar, trousers bound with lighter material starting from the knee down to the rather tattered and frayed bottom, and was barefoot.

'Okay!' She thought. Jamie then pulled Sage to him.

"Sage this is Jack Frost. He is the Guardian of fun." Jamie introduced.